By accessing “The Parrot Forum - Message Board for Parrot Owners” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “The Parrot Forum - Message Board for Parrot Owners”, “http://theparrotforum.com”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “The Parrot Forum - Message Board for Parrot Owners”. We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of “The Parrot Forum - Message Board for Parrot Owners” after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “The Parrot Forum - Message Board for Parrot Owners” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “The Parrot Forum - Message Board for Parrot Owners” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “The Parrot Forum - Message Board for Parrot Owners” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised. You indemnify "TheParrotForum.com" and its owners, designers, maintainers, hosting providers, administrators, moderators, members, and guests of any liability and you participate at your own will and own risk.
1. Owning a bird requires maturity, thus we expect all of our members to act maturely. If someone cannot be mature, they should not be on this forum nor own a bird. Disrespect, insults, and personal attacks will just reflect poorly on the poster. Mature individuals with valid supported arguments will always come off better than someone who is disrespectful.
2. No parrot politics. We don't care what school of thought you belong to or what authors you've read. Feel free to debate these issues on the forum using logic and evidence. We expect everyone to hold the wellbeing of their birds first and foremost and not forum or parrot trainer politics.
3. Theparrotforum.com exists for the sole purpose of exchanging information and educating other bird owners about improving the well being of their parrots. Anyone who is not here to learn about and respectfully discuss parrot welfare does not belong in this forum and will be kindly asked to leave.
4. Parrot owners of all levels are welcome, from first time owners to experts. It is expected that every member is here to learn information or share knowledge. Inexperienced owners should make an effort to help themselves before asking help from others; this includes reading theparrotfourm.com stickies, searching theparrotforum.com archives, gaining knowledge through other outside sources and thinking for yourself. Experienced bird owners should do their best at assisting with elementary questions and not look down on inexperienced owners.
5. Any information suggested to you on theparrotforum.com is opinion based and no one is forcing you to do it. Gather all the knowledge you can, use common sense, seek professional advice, and be safe.
6. Theparrotforum.com should not replace the advice of a professional veterinarian. Theparrotforum.com is not liable for any damages as a result of the information that is posted and cannot guarantee that this information is accurate, useful or complete. Any information that is posted expresses the view of its author. Use all content and information at your own risk. Contact a professional before using any content on theparrotforum.com. It is advisable to contact a veterinarian if your bird is sick or injured immediately. Forum members can provide interim advice at best but cannot replace the expert opinion or action a veterinarian can take.
7. Moderator actions such as banning, blocking, locking and deleting hinder learning. However, there are spammers, rule breakers, and trolls, and we will use these methods as a last resort to maintain peace and goodwill on the forum.
8. No advertising or spam. Administrator and moderators have final say in what is considered advertising.
9. Theparrotforum.com reserves the right to remove or not remove any content. If objectionable content is posted, notify the administrator or moderator and the objectionable content will be reviewed within a reasonable time frame. You agree not to post content in violation of any law. Theparrotforum.com is not liable for any message posted by its members which violates any law. Any content posted by members is not necessarily the view of theparrotforum.com.
10. Theparrotforum.com tries to provide as much posting liberty and freedom to members as possible without allowing it to cause harm to others. We do not use any karma or reputation system. We do not set restrictions to what kind of signature you can have, what words you are allowed to use, what acronyms you can or cannot use, spelling, grammar, how many emoticons you can use, who you are allowed to private message, etc. With freedom comes responsibility and we hope that our members will use their freedom in a mature manner that is beneficial to their bird and other owners. Have fun and enjoy the forum!