Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

how to tame my lovebird. help!

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

Re: how to tame my lovebird. help!

Postby liz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:49 am

We ask more for the area. There is a difference between Florida and Alaska. The state would be enough. We ask how many kids there are and that could even include other kids that hang out at their house.

We don't ask their hair color or what school they go to. The answers we need don't identify the person.

Hernando FL has a low population but I doubt that anyone could find me with the info I give.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Postby Wolf » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:51 am

We do not ask for their address, we do ask for a general area for them as it makes a difference at times as to what light is available and what type of things such as food is available of what vets may be nearby
I understand and appreciate your concern because, unfortunately there are people of that nature out here in the world, but we don't want or need that detailed of information and since I am the one that asked, I did say to put it in a PM so that I could have a suitable cage shipped to them, but only with the parents full knowledge and consent.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Moffat » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:47 pm

liz wrote:We ask more for the area. There is a difference between Florida and Alaska. The state would be enough. We ask how many kids there are and that could even include other kids that hang out at their house.

We don't ask their hair color or what school they go to. The answers we need don't identify the person.

Hernando FL has a low population but I doubt that anyone could find me with the info I give.

You are an adult according to your profile, the girl in question is still a child. I am speaking about asking an underage child about her personal information. Other posts in this thread did refer to asking for her address, location, and information about her household.

I fully understand why these questions were asked, but we must all understand that they are not okay when directed at a child/teenager.
Moffat
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Lovebird
Flight: No

Postby liz » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:04 pm

Dooly noted.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Wolf » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:11 pm

Again, I am the party that asked for her to check with her mother about privately sending me shipping information to have a new cage shipped to them. There was nothing dishonest or perverted in this. I would never have asked for the information without the approval of the parent and she was asked to find out from her mother before giving any information at all. Again nothing underhanded. I am sorry that you have an issue with this, but it is your issue.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Previous

Return to Taming & Basic Training