Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Getting rid of Mango

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

Getting rid of Mango

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:03 pm

I am getting rid of Mango and I am very happy to do so and I am getting a Tame Mango, Im gonna work very hard with him to get him tame and just take my time and be patient, He really has progressed a lot and I think just maybe I could have him tame very soon.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Re: Getting rid of Mango

Postby Chantilly » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:50 am

ParrotsForLife wrote:I am getting rid of Mango and I am very happy to do so and I am getting a Tame Mango, Im gonna work very hard with him to get him tame and just take my time and be patient, He really has progressed a lot and I think just maybe I could have him tame very soon.

Just a sec, I am a little confused... getting rid of Mango and getting a new bird? or simply saying goodbye to untame Mango because she is tamed?
Reading over this I am thinking you are taming her, so I would like to say 'CONGRATULATIONS!!!'
That is great ParrotsForlife :)
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:57 am

Chantilly wrote:
ParrotsForLife wrote:I am getting rid of Mango and I am very happy to do so and I am getting a Tame Mango, Im gonna work very hard with him to get him tame and just take my time and be patient, He really has progressed a lot and I think just maybe I could have him tame very soon.

Just a sec, I am a little confused... getting rid of Mango and getting a new bird? or simply saying goodbye to untame Mango because she is tamed?
Reading over this I am thinking you are taming her, so I would like to say 'CONGRATULATIONS!!!'

Taming "Him" who could give away that sweet little boy lol.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby Chantilly » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:48 am

ParrotsForLife wrote:
Chantilly wrote:

Taming "Him" who could give away that sweet little boy lol.

Agreed!
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Return to Taming & Basic Training