Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

hey so I ordered some stuff for training

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

Re: hey so I ordered some stuff for training

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:47 am

Camilo wrote:@Parrots I don't have a dog clicker and at person above thanks for the advice

Thats what I'm saying you could have got one in the pet shop all clickers are dog clickers anyway.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Re: hey so I ordered some stuff for training

Postby Wolf » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:05 am

Really it is unimportant as to whether it is ordered from online or purchased at the local pet shop. It might have been cheaper as a dog clicker at the pet store and it might not have been. I remember when you could get little metal frogs that were clickers, they were very cheap and just a child's toy, haven't seen one in ages though.

It would have been possible to use the snapping of one's fingers or a certain sound like clicking one's tongue, but a real clicker is just fine, and it always produces the same sound. Shall we move on past the clicker now, please, even pretty please.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Taming & Basic Training