Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Update on Tiko

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

Re: Update on Tiko

Postby alicat » Fri May 06, 2016 9:57 pm

Wolf wrote: Perhaps you find it too difficult for you to be tolerant of others, maybe it is too hard for you to be respectful of others even when you do not agree, maybe it is too much for you to not call people names or to not come here and cause trouble, and if so then perhaps you should consider leaving this forum and find one more to your liking.

Hes been banned from almost every other parrot forum. This is his last hope. lol.
I like checking up sometimes for a good laugh (cry)
alicat
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel
Flight: Yes

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri May 06, 2016 10:07 pm

alicat wrote:
Wolf wrote: Perhaps you find it too difficult for you to be tolerant of others, maybe it is too hard for you to be respectful of others even when you do not agree, maybe it is too much for you to not call people names or to not come here and cause trouble, and if so then perhaps you should consider leaving this forum and find one more to your liking.

Hes been banned from almost every other parrot forum. This is his last hope. lol.

Really? You send me emails and stalk me on my own forum and then come here lol get a life.I was banned from Avian Avenue and they let me come back so get your facts right.Every other forum lol wow where do u get these ideas from.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri May 06, 2016 10:22 pm

Also I still have those emails in the trash section of my mail I don't mind sharing them :D but i'd rather you go back to your little avenue and not cause trouble here.Thank you
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby seagoatdeb » Fri May 06, 2016 10:27 pm

alicat wrote:

This chain has gone bad, what was a young man, updating his happy progress with his parrots, was taken wrong, he got upset about that, misunderstandings have kept happening and finally it has died down, and now your comments making fun of a person is over the top, rudeness like that. Please let things lie and dont be a pot stirrer.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby ParrotsForLife » Fri May 06, 2016 10:38 pm

seagoatdeb wrote:
alicat wrote:

This chain has gone bad, what was a young man, updating his happy progress with his parrots, was taken wrong, he got upset about that, misunderstandings have kept happening and finally it has died down, and now your comments making fun of a person is over the top, rudeness like that. Please let things lie and dont be a pot stirrer.

Thank you :)
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby alicat » Sat May 07, 2016 8:19 am

ParrotsForLife wrote:Also I still have those emails in the trash section of my mail I don't mind sharing them :D but i'd rather you go back to your little avenue and not cause trouble here.Thank you

You emailed ME hun, and offered to reply and show me all about how you can pet mango now, and how tame he is. How he's totally not scared of you constantly forcing him in a flight suit.
You were going to show me remember? I'm sure I can pull it up.
I'm still very patiently waiting for those pictures.
So share them away, I have nothing to be ashamed of ;)

Not arguing. Very patiently waiting. :)
I told wolf I'm not going to argue. So I won't be responding.
alicat
Parakeet

Postby alicat » Sat May 07, 2016 8:58 am

Honestly if this bans me from the site, awesome. Good. I don't care

Brandon, you are the most rude. Disrespectful. Child I have had the displeasure to meet online. You are every bad cliche about teenagers rolled into a fiesty little ball. At first you reminded me of myself, stubborn and fierce in your love of something (parrots) and willing to fight to the death about them. The difference between me and you, is that I could admit I was wrong and actually consider others advice.

However, a lot of what you say and do are Wrong. Not arguably so, they are wrong by all standards.

Calling yourself a "parrot trainer" and actually lying to people and saying you are. Have you been to seminars? Training classes? ANYTHING? People with much much much more experience than you wouldn't consider calling themselves parrot trainers. The issue is you are lying to your customers, and possibly causing a lot more problems. You should show your customers your posts online, like this before making a sale. If what you say and do is right, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Show them and i can assure you people would turn around and walk away.

You have little experience with birds. You have cockatiels. Your African gray who you've had for 8 (?) years isn't tame. You're working on stepping up BACKWARDS after EIGHT years. Backwards so he can't see you coming and can't get away. He runs to the top of his cage to hide and get away from you when you walk by. You couldn't even handle a lovebird!!! And you're telling people you can train their parrots. What you are doing is illegal in my Country for good reason. Maybe you should stop and think - hm. Why is it illegal in America? Because there is a good reason. You have good intentions, but you are not qualified to give anything more than subtle advice to people and even then, you aren't qualified because you do NOT have experience.
Please tell me what professionals you have talked to face to face, what seminars on bird behavior you have gone to, what classes you have taken related to animals.

I'm GOING TO COLLEGE to be a vet tech, but I don't run around training people's animals claiming to be something I'm not. That would be lying, and putting animals in jeopardy, and i would be sued in my country. It is illegal. In order to have a profession doing something, you need training. You have two cockatiels. Which are the easiest most laid back birds you can own. And honestly how well are they trained? Tame, sure. Anyone can tame a cockatiel. You gave away a lovebird because you couldn't handle him. You have no experience with larger birds except Tiko, who hates you. Bites you when he steps up. Runs to the top of the cage to get away when you walk past. You just force yourself on him until he submits.

You asked endless questions on the avenue and when we're give correct advice, you would implement it for a day and say it wasn't working. Then a week later ask the same question, get the same answer, and still not do it. You don't even use proven training techniques!! You very obviously try to rush and push things when you shouldn't. You should be encouraging owners to bond with their birds, slowly earn their trust, like EVERYONE told you to do with Mango.

People here were giving you advice-look up avian behavior and anatomy! Learn more! But you rudely dismissed him.
But googling something does not make you qualified to train others animals.

And you board others animals too. Do you quaranteen them? Do you require theyve had a vet check within the year confirming they're disease free? Have you taken all 4 of YOUR birds to a vet and had their fecal matter looked at/blood drawn to be sure YOU'RE not transferring disease? What if they give your cockatiels a disease and they die. Diseases live on any surface for months, and you train ONE bird with a disease and it's in your house. No more birdies. Not to mention if someone else's bird gets sick.... you'll be sued for multiple things.

It's illegal in the USA for a damn good reason.

I also hate the way you speak to adults trying to help you. Wolf, although I'm sure he wanted to rip his hair out, only slightly discouraged you but then told you ways to help. You blatantly ignored his help, and only read and responded to certain parts of his post. Paj hits the nail on the head every time. You are not qualified to train any other animals.

I know you will skim what I say, and not respond to the important parts so I am leaving now.
You are a disgrace to parrot lovers and you're EVERYWHERE. Have you stopped to think people don't like what you have to say because you come off as rude and you're wrong most of the time? If 90% of people are saying something, if you're being kicked off (even temporarily) MULTIPLE forums maybe you should listen.

But I forgot, at 16 you know more than people with 50 years experience because "you're special" "you have a talent".

As was said by a very wise individual "you calling yourself a parrot trainer is like me calling myself an elephant trainer". Oh I got the jist of it, I googled it, I saw an elephant once. I gave it a peanut. I'll start charging people!

I'm so done. You are disrespectful and you honestly shouldn't have birds. Have fun shoving mango into a flight suit for your own enjoyment and enjoy whatever profit you'll get from selling loki (your ads still up to sell!).
alicat
Parakeet

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sat May 07, 2016 10:22 am

:cry:
ParrotsForLife
African Grey