Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Update on Tiko

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

Re: Update on Tiko

Postby Wolf » Sun May 01, 2016 9:20 pm

Brandon, I am not twisting anything, I am going by exactly what you are saying. Perhaps instead of assuming that I am attacking you, if there is a misunderstanding, you could try explaining it differently. There is nothing that can't be worked out if we are willing to talk about it rather than just jumping down someone throat when you don't like what they have to say. Most of these incidents are just misunderstandings, sometimes they are because of how something was said and sometimes they are due to how the other person takes what is said. Many times this is a result of the way that things are normally said and meant in the area in which you live. Relax.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun May 01, 2016 9:26 pm

Ah Wolf I explained very clearly lol I'm not gonna waste my time talking to you anymore just know Pajarita and you are not welcome on my threads I'm not saying you cant post on them but I wont be having any conversations with you on my threads anymore because all it does is start crap.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby seagoatdeb » Sun May 01, 2016 9:27 pm

Wolf wrote:Brandon, I am not twisting anything, I am going by exactly what you are saying. Perhaps instead of assuming that I am attacking you, if there is a misunderstanding, you could try explaining it differently. There is nothing that can't be worked out if we are willing to talk about it rather than just jumping down someone throat when you don't like what they have to say. Most of these incidents are just misunderstandings, sometimes they are because of how something was said and sometimes they are due to how the other person takes what is said. Many times this is a result of the way that things are normally said and meant in the area in which you live. Relax.

Well said, communication online does not give you the visual clues to go on, and it is easy to misunderstand, especially when you are from different Countries, cultures, cohort groups.....etc.
More patience is needed online, so misunderstandings can occure less.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby seagoatdeb » Sun May 01, 2016 9:30 pm

ParrotsForLife wrote:Ah Wolf I explained very clearly lol I'm not gonna waste my time talking to you anymore just know Pajarita and you are not welcome on my threads I'm not saying you cant post on them but I wont be having any conversations with you on my threads anymore because all it does is start crap.

Brandon, he did misunderstand, and both of you can learn form this, I am sure Wolf will be carefull to ask to make sure he understands you better, and you could be a little more patient, because as long as Wolf wants to make it better, change can happen.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun May 01, 2016 9:42 pm

seagoatdeb wrote:
ParrotsForLife wrote:Ah Wolf I explained very clearly lol I'm not gonna waste my time talking to you anymore just know Pajarita and you are not welcome on my threads I'm not saying you cant post on them but I wont be having any conversations with you on my threads anymore because all it does is start crap.

Brandon, he did misunderstand, and both of you can learn form this, I am sure Wolf will be carefull to ask to make sure he understands you better, and you could be a little more patient, because as long as Wolf wants to make it better, change can happen.

Well I definitely will not be talking to Pajarita again she's not a very nice person at all and she is just plain rude.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Wolf » Sun May 01, 2016 10:00 pm

Sometimes, we feel that we have explained things very clearly and indeed, we have in our own minds, but this is because we know what it is that we are trying to say. The other person does not know what you are trying to say and so their understanding of your words are always drawn from the experiences that they have had in their lives. This is just one of the causes of misunderstandings, Generally it is best to assume that these misunderstandings are just that and try to better express ourselves as well as to try to understand better what the other person is trying to convey with their words. Many times the knowledge of how you say things and therefore what you are actually saying can only be gained over a period of time where there are misunderstandings and the talking back and forth to eliminate them. Sometimes it just takes time. It is not so different than learning to work with our birds.
Wolf
Macaw

African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun May 01, 2016 10:36 pm

Whatever
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Postby Chantilly » Mon May 02, 2016 12:56 am

ParrotsForLife wrote:Well I definitely will not be talking to Pajarita again she's not a very nice person at all and she is just plain rude.

Oh for Star Clans sake! Brandon, Brandon, Brandon, tisc tisc. Wolf and Paj are not only very knowledgable but also very helpful and willing to share that knowledge. For you to blow them away like that is so silly, what will happen when you have your next crisis and come running for their help!? They are only trying to help and further the birds lives, you can not hate them for that.
I am so grateful to be able to be talking to them and learning from them and you should be too, if you TRY and BELEIVE you CAN! So try to work with them, forgive any miscomunications and learn from them.
seriously dude, if you annoy someone like Wolf or Paj off the forum, I will be leaving too. So please stop trying to start blues with everyone.
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Postby Wolf » Mon May 02, 2016 5:36 am

For anyone that has not taken the time to read them here is a link to the rules of this forum that you all agreed to abide by when you joined the forum, if you have not already done so please read them viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2

First of all I am not leaving the forum.

Here is the thing people this is your forum respect it as such because it is what you make of it. If you do not wants fights on the forum, quit fighting, if you want others to be understanding of your mistakes and misunderstandings then be understanding of theirs, if you want others to be respectful of you and your opinions then be respectful of theirs.

You are expected to be enough of an adult to follow the rules that you agreed to, you are expected to be mature enough to not go around calling people names or insulting each other. You are expected to treat everyone with respect and not trying to cause problems.

No matter what I do to try to end one of your disputes I am going to be wrong because someone is not going to agree or approve of what I do, but I am not the bad guy, I am here to help if I can.

Perhaps you find it too difficult for you to be tolerant of others, maybe it is too hard for you to be respectful of others even when you do not agree, maybe it is too much for you to not call people names or to not come here and cause trouble, and if so then perhaps you should consider leaving this forum and find one more to your liking.
Wolf
Macaw

African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby ParrotsForLife » Mon May 02, 2016 8:38 am

Chantilly wrote:

ParrotsForLife wrote:Well I definitely will not be talking to Pajarita again she's not a very nice person at all and she is just plain rude.

Oh for Star Clans sake! Brandon, Brandon, Brandon, tisc tisc. Wolf and Paj are not only very knowledgable but also very helpful and willing to share that knowledge. For you to blow them away like that is so silly, what will happen when you have your next crisis and come running for their help!? They are only trying to help and further the birds lives, you can not hate them for that.
I am so grateful to be able to be talking to them and learning from them and you should be too, if you TRY and BELEIVE you CAN! So try to work with them, forgive any miscomunications and learn from them.
seriously dude, if you annoy someone like Wolf or Paj off the forum, I will be leaving too. So please stop trying to start blues with everyone.

Stop talking crap did I say I wanted anybody to leave? No I didn't and I don't like Paj shes not a nice person and I will never forgive her after what she said to me.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

PreviousNext

Return to Taming & Basic Training