Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Unpredictable biting conour

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

Re: Unpredictable biting conour

Postby Navre » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:16 pm

I wouldn't spray the bird with anything other than water. Even adding aloe to the water, which is done by many, does have risks. If it's not necessary, I don't think it's worth the risk.

New feathers can make him irritated. He would usually have a flock member to help him out with them. He may eat more while the feathers are coming in. The good news is that I think he is on the right schedule if his feathers are finishing growing in now (assuming you're in the temperate latitudes of the northern hemisphere.)
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot
Flight: Yes

Postby Navre » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:18 pm

Here is the thread about the gloop!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13666
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby liz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:42 am

My aunt is a screamer. She overdose all her emotions. Myrtle flew too close to her once and she screamed. She is a fast learner who loves to make noise. Making my Aunt Betty make noise is very rewarding to her. (Rambo used to hide behind the toilet and jump out at her to make her scream.)

I say "owe" in my normal voice to let them know that they are chomping too hard. They understand the word and Myrtle has even asked me "owe?" if I do not respond to a bite.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Previous

Return to Taming & Basic Training