Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

THREAD CLOSED

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

THREAD CLOSED

Postby Romanxdsouza » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:23 pm

Last edited by Romanxdsouza on Tue May 09, 2017 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Romanxdsouza
Lovebird

Flight: No

Re: STOP ALEXANDRIAN SCREAMING EARLY MORNINGS

Postby liz » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:06 am

You are catching on. He does need warm soft food but he wants you even more. You left him all night. He felt alone.
Nose to beak morning talks seem to comfort them. If he is screaming in the morning ignore it and pick him up. Take him with you to fix his food. Include him in your day in every way. When you have to leave tell him bye bye and let him see you go out the door. He should stop screaming since your are not there to hear him.

Being here and not being able to see what he is doing, all I can tell you is what I would do. Have you considered finding him a friend to keep him company and calm? Other than that I have to pass you on to someone with more parrot experience.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

THREAD CLOSED

Postby Romanxdsouza » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:15 am

Last edited by Romanxdsouza on Tue May 09, 2017 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Romanxdsouza
Lovebird

THREAD CLOSED

Postby Romanxdsouza » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:07 am

Last edited by Romanxdsouza on Tue May 09, 2017 9:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Romanxdsouza
Lovebird

Postby Pajarita » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:45 am

Why do you say that you give him food in the morning or in the evening, in his cage or outside his cage? Doesn't he have food in his cage all the time?

He seems to have been around three weeks old on that video.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

THREAD CLOSED

Postby Romanxdsouza » Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:52 pm

Romanxdsouza
Lovebird

THREAD CLOSED

Postby Romanxdsouza » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:09 am

Last edited by Romanxdsouza on Tue May 09, 2017 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Romanxdsouza
Lovebird

THREAD CLOSED

Postby Romanxdsouza » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:00 am

Last edited by Romanxdsouza on Tue May 09, 2017 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Romanxdsouza
Lovebird

Postby liz » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:33 am

Roman, I went back and read one of my posts. I did not say it the way I meant it or at least it could nave been taken backwards.

Babies cry when something is wrong. The mother some times has no idea why. All she can do it comfort the baby. What a baby goes through in his infant time may be forgotten but the fears stay with them.

I meant ignore that the crying is bothering you. You need to pick him up and comfort him. He is a baby. Maybe he is hungry. Maybe he has already learned that you feed him in the morning. But you don't know what it is. He may have a headache or tummy ache. Maybe because he was left at night without his siblings and without you that he is terrified when you don't go to him.

Write down your schedule. Stick to it. Before you do anything else pick up your bird. Take him with you to make his breakfast and while you are getting ready for the day. Talk to him even when he is eating and you are doing something else.

What you do with this baby is what it will remember the rest of his life. Even though we do not know what is causing it there is still trauma. You would never let a baby cry because you don't know what is wrong with it.

My Amazons are 32 and 7. I had to do an emergency move last December. They were use to having the whole house and now they have just one room. I have more work with taking care of the two houses. I had to shift something in my schedule.
The Amazons are the ones who had to give in. Instead of getting their breakfast at 8 am they have been moved to 9 am. I give them a pistachio at 8 so they know they are not forgotten. The pistachio to them is like giving a kid the desert before the meal. They eat it and are quiet knowing that in one hour they get the rest of breakfast. Even though they are adult they are still on a schedule.

You need to console him when he cries. You need to comfort him when he is not crying. You have a baby.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:57 pm

How often (meaning every how many hours) were you feeding the baby when you first got him?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

PreviousNext

Return to Taming & Basic Training