Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Little Corella

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

Re: Little Corella

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:57 am

Unfortunately, there is no 'probably' when it comes to cockatoos being the number one given up bird. It's a fact that they are and the reason is that people with normal lifestyles cannot keep them happy or healthy.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby Bird woman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:52 pm

PAJIRTA ARE YOU SAYING IM NOT NORMAL ? :lol: WELL I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU AS TOO's are defiantly my choice. My household and life are defiantly NOT NORMAL BY THE MAJORITY STANDARDS I HAVE TO SAY DAISEY THE SLENDER BILLED CORELLA AND BUDDY THE BARE EYED ARE SMART AS A WHIP BUT THE GOFFINS TAKE IT FOR ALL AROUND EVERYTHING YOU COULD POSSIBLY WANT IN A BIRD. :D BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby liz » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:29 am

I don't think any one of us is normal. None of our birds are "normal". Each one has an individual personality.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:30 am

Bird woman wrote:PAJIRTA ARE YOU SAYING IM NOT NORMAL ? :lol: WELL I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU AS TOO's are defiantly my choice. My household and life are defiantly NOT NORMAL BY THE MAJORITY STANDARDS I HAVE TO SAY DAISEY THE SLENDER BILLED CORELLA AND BUDDY THE BARE EYED ARE SMART AS A WHIP BUT THE GOFFINS TAKE IT FOR ALL AROUND EVERYTHING YOU COULD POSSIBLY WANT IN A BIRD. :D BW

:lol: Well, I think you are as normal as I am ;) But I know for a fact that I don't have a 'normal' lifestyle and I doubt you do, too. Normal people have children, full time jobs, go on vacation, stay in bed if they are sick, have dinner parties in the winter, and do NOT get up at 4:30 am during the summer or be home at 3:00 pm in the winter!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Taming & Basic Training