Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

No 'bird whisperer'

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

No 'bird whisperer'

Postby Pajarita » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:26 am

I LOVED LOVED LOVED this story - all of it! I felt identified with this guy (the part that says that he can identify each of his birds by their vocalizations stroke a chord with me because I not only can tell which bird is vocalizing, I can also tell if it's a normal, a scared or an angry one) But I particularly liked it when he said that, although people call him a 'bird whisperer', he is not such thing as he has scars from their claws and bites all over his hands (like I said, this guy and I could be bossom buddies :lol: ).

https://gargoyle.flagler.edu/2019/04/bi ... ven-birds/
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Taming & Basic Training