Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Does my budgie trust me?

Discuss the methods and techniques of clicker training, target training and bonding. These are usually the first steps in training a young parrot.

Does my budgie trust me?

Postby IAmJuan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:55 pm

i can feed it millet with my hand and can rub under his beak on his chest.. does he trust me or doesnt move cause hes scared?
IAmJuan
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Budgie
Flight: Yes

Re: Does my budgie trust me?

Postby Kim S » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:14 am

How does he hold his plumage?
Does he puff it up so you can scratch between his feathers. Or does he keep all his feathers tight against his body.
If he puffs up when you scratch him he is inviting you to scratch more, a sign or friendship and trust. If he is keeping all his feathers very tight against his body it means he's scared or alert about something. Doenst have to be you, but he isnt comfortable at that moment.
If you cab touch him however youve got a very good base to build from. Keep doing what youre doing and go slow. Try to anticipate what your bird will do. If he flies of, you went too far.
Kika: Senegal Parrot.
Guus: Cockatiel, Yellowcheek, cinnamon, pearl, pied.
Kim S
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Senegal (1)

Re: Does my budgie trust me?

Postby IAmJuan » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:57 pm

he doesnt puff up he just sits there but doesnt run away.. but thanks for the enouragin words :)
IAmJuan
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Budgie

Return to Taming & Basic Training