Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Thinking of getting a GCC!

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Re: Thinking of getting a GCC!

Postby Trick or 'Tiel » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:02 pm

No artificial lights!? This is going to be hard. I prefer the lighter colors of the cinnamon, pineapple, and cinnamon turquoise. What's your favorite cockatiel mutation? I like pied but I have a lutino.
Trick or 'Tiel
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel, Budgie
Flight: Yes

Postby Trick or 'Tiel » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:09 pm

The cage for the GCC just arrived! I decided to get it way before we bring the bird home, so I have plenty of time to fill it with toys and perches. I just assembled it and of course there is nothing in it besides the food bowls, but I will be filling it very soon! This cage is the Prevue Hendryx Pagoda Cockatiel Cage, but since GCCs are the same size as tiels I will be using it for my green cheek.
Here is the assembled cage:
Attachments
IMG_2023.JPG
Cage for new Green Cheeked Conure
IMG_2023.JPG (173.09 KiB) Viewed 2525 times
Trick or 'Tiel
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel, Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:07 am

It's very pretty but I like the cages to give them more room width-wise. The vertical space is always wasted on them and all you end up with is more bars to clean because the birds are always at the top of the cage. This is the cage I use for my GCC: https://www.ebay.com/p/A-e-32x21-White- ... 2782714452

I don't like 'pale' birds... well, let me rephrase that, I like them all regardless of what they look like but, if I had a choice, I would always go for the more vivid colored than the pale ones.

In cockatiels, I think the lutinos are the prettiest but I also like the pearls and the phenotypes. I had a cinnamon pearl that was very pretty, too.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Previous

Return to Parrot Species