Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

A sad story of too love...

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

A sad story of too love...

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:34 am

These were two cockatoos that were rescued from the Coombs sanctuary and adopted by this lady but, unfortunately, one of them had lung cancer and had to be put down after a while... I hope the surviving one finds another bird to love!

http://www.holidogtimes.com/rescued-bir ... gs.gfLkmKc
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: A sad story of too love...

Postby Bird woman » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:42 am

I watched the video days ago and still get choked up. :(
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Re: A sad story of too love...

Postby Pajarita » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:35 am

Yes, it broke my heart, too. Poor little things, in such terrible shape both of them... how they must have suffered to end up looking like that! And, once they found each other and were finally adopted by a caring person, one of them dies. :cry: I hope she adopts a companion for the remaining one but. unfortunately for the greatest majority of pet parrots, people don't often think of doing that for them... they buy them toys, instead.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Parrot Species