Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Family cockatoo

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Family cockatoo

Postby Pajarita » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 am

Very nice story about a cockatoo that is considered part of the family -just as we all do with our birds :D

http://www.oprah.com/inspiration/family-cockatoo
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Family cockatoo

Postby Bird woman » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:44 am

Beautiful story to start my day , thank you Bea. :thumbsup:
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby liz » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:24 am

:thumbsup:
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:02 am

Yes, I love it when I find a story about a bird that is appreciated and loved... And I love it even more when it's a cockatoo because these birds have a bad rep that is, up to a point, undeserved. It is true that there are lots and lots of them that end up plucking, self-mutilating, screaming non-stop, etc BUT the reason is always the same in every single case: NEGLECT! Because, when it comes to needy species, a person with a normal lifestyle will, inevitably, end up neglecting it - no two ways about it!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Parrot Species