Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

one egg

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

one egg

Postby mrmacca » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:12 am

hi all ,
i have a pair of senegal's , bought them as a breeding pair 6 months ago , on the 17th feb the female laid an egg , was wandering now that its 3 days later will she lay again or will this be it ,do senegal's lay every 2 days or can they go longer between laying . she does sit on the egg but not all the time.
thanks
dave
mrmacca
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: 3 african gray 3 senegal's
Flight: Yes

Re: one egg

Postby mrmacca » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:48 pm

thanks for all the advice , just to let you know she now has 2 eggs , but she doesnt sit all the time is this right
mrmacca
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: 3 african gray 3 senegal's

Postby Suzzique » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:20 pm

I'm sorry that I really can't help you. I have never bread birds so don't know if what she is doing is right or not. I'm not sure if there are any breaders on this forum.

I can say from watching my tiel hen who was quit the egg layer. She would lay anywhere from one to 5 eggs over 2 or 3 days. She would not always sit on them she would get up for short periods of time to eat strech ect then go back. I would give her a few days after I figured she was done laying then take them. I didn't have a male tiel so her eggs were no good.
Alex - cag
Martini - senegal
Suzzique
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: CAG, Senegal

Postby kimbo » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:45 pm

if you google it you may get the answer you are seeking. ive read about egg laying but have no experience with it. sorry :senegal:
kimbo
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: one baby senegal
Flight: No

Return to Parrot Species