Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Favorite type of parrot?

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

What is your favorite type of parrot?

Amazons
6%
Cockatoos
5%
Conures
14%
Lories
3%
Lovebirds
9%
Macaws
3%
Parakeets
12%
Parotlets
5%
Poicephalus
23%
Other
20%

Total votes : 65

Re: Favorite type of parrot?

Postby Natacha » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Ark wrote:I prefer the African Parrots by far, though I picked Poicephalus rather then pick other. I really adore Lovebirds, though I'd be a little too afraid to bring one home for fear of him getting into trouble with the big guys.

I have a Lovebird with 4 Poicephalus - although I guess the size difference between a Lovebird and a small Poi and between a Lovebird and a Grey might be different - I do get where you are coming from.

It's somewhat of a concern when I have him out with the others (which is all the time) - he doesn't shy away from anything.

One of my mom's Lovebirds (which live on a different floor of the house than the bigger birds) actually has a fun time scaring away her Moluccan when they happen to be around each other (which is not often). It's rather funny to see the big chicken cower from the substantially-tiny-in-comparison bird...
My blog http://poiworld.blogspot.com/
Videos of my birds http://www.youtube.com/user/poicephaluslady
Piper ~ Lovebird
Shade ~ Senegal
Joey & Pixel ~ Red-bellied parrots
Petey & Zuri ~ Meyer's parrots
Léa ~ Cape parrot
Natacha
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 7
Types of Birds Owned: PF Lovebird, Senegal Parrot, Red-bellied Parrots, Meyer's Parrot, Cape Parrot
Flight: Yes

Postby Bear » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:43 am

I love my Grey for his gentle temperment, his intelligence, his personality and how easy he is to care for.

I love my cockatoo for her full of beans confident attitude, her love of cuddles and her hilarious personality.

They are both polar opposites in personality, I don't think either is better, they are just different, as are my dogs and as my horses. It varies between bird to bird let alone species. Appearance wise obv Greys aren't the most beautiful, but they are unbelievably smart. Our Ekkies definitely the prettiest birds, and very affection but personality and intelligence wins for me every time.
Bear
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 8
Types of Birds Owned: 6 month old African Grey
4yr old female Vosmaeri Eclectus
6yr old male Vosmaeri Eclectus
2 month old Umbrella Cockatoo

Postby skeetersunconure » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:03 am

i love macaws and to go farther i would say southamerican birds i love my sunconure but honelstly macaws are my favorite parrot and i love the hybrid camelot macaw
skeetersunconure
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: sun conure

Postby Yorkochanie » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:53 am

I love, love, love Galahs!! :galah: I would buy a Galah without thinking if I were able to find one in my country.

Last year, before I bought my first medium/large parrot, I was thinking about getting an Amazon. :amazon: In fact, I love green birds :mrgreen: as green is my favourite color. But these days I met a TAG who was looking for a good home, Prince, and I fell in love with him!! :gray: After him, I bought an ill grey because I couldn't leave him at that pet-store, he was soo ill and surely was going to die. :( He was such a nice bird. After his expected death, I saw a grey in unacceptable situations, and I knew I had to give him a good home, so I bought him. Yes, my favourites are Galahs & Amazons, but life wanted me to have greys, so I have a grey. :) Maybe, years later, when I leave my family's house, I might think about getting an Amazon again, because they're soo cute and lovely. <3
Yaprak & Baby & Masuk
Yorkochanie
Lovebird

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey
Budgerigar

Postby alexdwsn12 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:12 am

Love-birds is my favourite parrot type. Love-birds are pint-sized bundles of joy. They have the full personality of parrots while being easy to house because of their size. It is important to realize that while lovebirds are a small parrot, they have the intelligence and abilities of some of the largest parrots.
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
alexdwsn12
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0

Previous

Return to Parrot Species