Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

what kind of parrot should my brother get?

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Re: what kind of parrot should my brother get?

Postby Cpara » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:42 pm

I think maybe a love bird :swaying: or a linnie? Lovebirds have that big personality in a small body, linnies are more laid back birds.
Cpara
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: Yes

Re: what kind of parrot should my brother get?

Postby liz » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:09 am

Cockatiels are such loving and passive birds. They are easily bullied by any other bird. A cockatiel with a buddy is easier to socialize. He feels like he has back up and can venture farther into your world.
Some forum members have single cockatiels that have bonded as tight as any of the larger birds. They have big personalities in their little bitty bodies.
I have a flock of rescues. Most I don't know any history on but there are some who have been handicapped and should not ever trust a human again. I was willing to accept it and just let them feel the security of the flock to fulfill their lives. I am amazed that the little handicaps, after flocking, have gotten brave enough to interact with me.

Okay, I think I wandered off subject. What I am saying is that you can't go wrong with cockatiels or a pair of cockatiels.
I found my little misfits on Craigslist. I had to pay to rescue some of them but also got a family of 4 for free from a human who was not able to care for them properly and was caring enough to pass them on to a better home.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Parrot Species