Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Wating to know colour rarity

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Re: Wating to know colour rarity

Postby Wolf » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:19 am

I understand that you have problems, but don't we all? As long as you are willing to talk and ask questions, we will keep trying to give you good answers. Myself, I don't care if I have to answer the same question one time or 50 times, if you don't understand what I am saying then I will keep trying and try to explain it differently as many times as you require it.

Just like you can read things and not understand it, the only way that I, and possibly we, will ever actually understand what autism does to a person is to be exposed to it. There are things that books and reading just can't explain to us in a meaningful way.

We have people that are members that have various mental and emotional issues, I have severe depressions others have other issues. We keep talking and both sides keep trying to understand the other better. All I can say is that you have one type of problem and I have another, the only way that we are going to really understand each other and how these problems affect us is to keep talking and trying to understand the other. Again, please do what ever you think is right for you.

As for helping your bird when you notice that one is sick, the illness has gone on long enough that the best thing to do is to get it to the vet as soon as is possible and that is the first thing that I said to you. From there I went on to explain what to do from now on by relating it to the current problem.

The only reason that any of us are here other than to learn more about our birds is to try and help other peoples birds, And despite you having a different mental issue than I have, I really don't think that your reasons are very much different than mine. It just takes some understanding from both sides and it may take several times to say something so that the other one understands what you are saying. So we keep trying. Understanding is a two way street it must flow from us to you and from you to us. No one ever said that it would always be easy.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Postby InsanityShard » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:51 am

Alright, I'll give it another shot. I tend not to think right, especially when I'm distressed over things like my birds being sick and frustrated at being unable to understand how things you are telling me will change the outcome in the present situation rather than the future. As for now, today we went in to the pet shop and got some antibiotics. We've put that into their water, though without Apple Bonejingle has started showing signs of recovery, no longer breathing heavily or shivering, or even puffing up. I do at least understand enough to know that doesn't mean it's over, hence the antibiotics. Their poop seems to have returned to a normal colour too. It was a light brown, but not runny. It's very hard for me to think straight while distressed, but I'm a fair bit calmer since Bonjingle seems to be doing better for now.
InsanityShard
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Budgie

Postby Wolf » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:46 am

I am quite certain that you understand much more than many would admit to. I am certain that you know more about budgies than I do. but even the very best of us miss some things part of the time, especially when we are being stressed by things. Maybe I use the word understand too often. I may not say things right all of the time and this may result in your feeling put upon, frustrated or otherwise disrespected, because I make as many mistakes as any one else, but I assure you that I would never intentionally disrespect you in any manner.
Wolf
Macaw

African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby InsanityShard » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:33 pm

I still want to know how rare Bonejingles colour is, I can find stuff online about albinos with brown markings but not how rare they are. Also, Bonejingle and Chitters have fully bonded. They feed each other and play with each other and all.
InsanityShard
Conure

Postby Pajarita » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:40 am

If the bird has any color besides white, it's not a pure albino because this implies a bird that is completely white. Brown spots could mean either cinnamon, fallow or just a dominant pied so try to post a picture of the bird from different perspectives (like from the front, from up above and the sides) and we will check it out for you.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby InsanityShard » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:25 pm

I can't get my older brother to put any more pics on that site and so I can't post more pics. It is indeed an albino, pure white with red eyes, and the only brown spot is the one in the picture.There's no other colours at all anywhere. Just white. Not even cheeks.
InsanityShard
Conure

Postby Wolf » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:42 am

Based on this web site http://pets.thenest.com/differences-bet ... -9592.html you have a Lacewing ino mutation and not a true albino. The description of this mutation is in the last paragraph.
Wolf
Macaw

African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:58 am

Hmmm, I am NO expert on color mutations but, for what I understand, lacewings have very pale markings on their wings, at the very least, if not on other parts of their bodies (thus the 'lacewing' name they have) and this bird, apparently, doesn't -that's why I thought of a dominant (double factor) pied fallow.

These are lacewings:

http://www.cutelittlebirdiesaviary.com/ ... dgies.html

These are dominant pied and, as you can see, they can have almost the entire body of a single color:

http://www.cutelittlebirdiesaviary.com/ ... dgies.html

The brown spot, depending on the intensity of the color, could make it a cinnamon or a fallow.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby InsanityShard » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:33 pm

As I said, literally the only marking at all is the brown spot. There isn't any on the wings, the other budgie I have, Chitters, is a Lacewing.
InsanityShard
Conure

Postby Wolf » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:18 pm

I don't claim to know much about color mutations in birds, but I shared what I found and it does say that the brown spot is due to the cinnamon mutation involvement. I can do some more looking, but so far when I find one description of a color mutation every other description of it that I find has always supported the first one that I found.
Wolf
Macaw

African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Species