Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

African grey,get a chick?

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Re: African grey,get a chick?

Postby ParrotsForLife » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:34 am

od94 wrote:
ParrotsForLife wrote:
od94 wrote:I know but i searched all sources and importers here in my countries everyone get wild no one get farm raised one,seem they are too expensive..
I have another choice as indian ringneck handfeeding also,farm raised not wild. What do you think?
I am going to read more about the ringnecks..

You also need to know that the price of a Parrot expensive or not is nothing compared to the amount of money you will be spending in just 1 year that would be a lot more money than the bird was worth on food, Vet visits and toys mainly.Indian Ringnecks are great Parrots and have nice personalities and thats what I think but for you I would do more research on the species and other species too.

It won't be my first bird, i am sure that i have a lot to spend after paying the price of the parrot. I am a responsible person and prior to have a new bird i do all the responsabilites calculations! :)

Thats great that you already have experience, Whatever Parrot you want is your choice Big or Small theres no such thing as a beginner bird.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA
Flight: Yes

Re: African grey,get a chick?

Postby Pajarita » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:18 am

I would, most definitely, go with a captive bred anything, IRN or whatever. I would NEVER consider buying a poached bird even if there was no other kind available. A lot of people say that one person doing the right thing while everybody else is doing the wrong one is futile, that it means nothing but I've never agreed with the concept. I do the right thing because it matters to me and not because other people might or might not do it...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Parrot Species