Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Disco Budgie

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Disco Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:13 am

This is a video of the famous Disco, a budgie that has a large repertoire of words and phrases. Male budgies are mentally 'wired' to learn the dialect of the female they are wooing as part of their courtship so lone ones can learn to talk very well - but, of course, a single budgie is not a happy budgie so there is always an 'exchange': the owner benefits from the entertainment a talking budgie gives BUT the other side of the coin is the diminished quality of life for the bird itself. Disco has lived his entire life with three adult humans. Personally, I would much rather have happy budgies than a talking one - but that's me.

http://www.fuzzysnail.com/disco-talks/
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Re: Disco Budgie

Postby Chantilly » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:27 am

Poor baby I never thought of the reasoning behind why parrots speak or what it would mean to have them as a single bird, I have seen some videos of this guy before and his volabulary is impressive!
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

Re: Disco Budgie

Postby liz » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:30 am

He is amazing. It is a shame that he is not a bird but a very small human. He does need a friend.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Return to Parrot Species