Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Toos envision the object they need to make!

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Re: Toos envision the object they need to make!

Postby liz » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:50 am

I have a little problem remembering things so I put two bulbs in a free standing lamp and put it on a timer. I don't have to worry about forgetting to feed them on time. They tweeter and sing through out the day but make a racket at 9am and 4pm to remind me to feed them.
They still have leftovers from the last feeding but want the next meal on time.

Pajarita keeps me informed on what their lighting time should be.

Rainbow and Myrtle do not solve problems. They create them.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy
Flight: Yes

Re: Toos envision the object they need to make!

Postby Pajarita » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:06 pm

Bird woman wrote:Really! :shock: You would think they would at least try to duplicate there natural lighting as best as possible. I'm sure funding plays a big part in it. BW

Well, I am not saying there aren't any. I am sure there are (The Oasis with its large outdoor aviaries comes to mind), only that I don't know of any. I think it's more a matter of practicality than funding. It's much easier to follow the same schedule all year round than to constantly change it. I am used to it because I've been doing it for so many years but I still have to change the order of the chores to fit the birds schedule. For example, this time of the year, in the morning, I let the dogs out and feed the cats (both inside and ferals) before I open their cages (which is happening at 6:30 am now) but, in the summer, the very first thing I do as I am walking through the house from my bedroom to the kitchen to let the dogs out is open their cages. And, in the evening, I feed the birds dinner 3.5 hours before I do the dogs and cats but, in the summer, I do them first and the birds last. And it's not even one schedule of chores for the summer and one for the winter, there are lots in between. It's hard for rescues to do that. I did it in Pennsylvania but it was just me taking care of them, I did not have to depend on volunteers.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Previous

Return to Parrot Species