Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Aroma from a BFA nasal apertures

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Re: Aroma from a BFA nasal apertures

Postby Rmoses » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:34 am

alienlady wrote:I have finally realised what it is the aroma reminds me of. Parma violets! A sweet (candy) I ate during childhood :D

Yea, I remember that stuff, probably made with amazon beaks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Rmoses
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: white fronted amazon
Flight: Yes

Postby alienlady » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:46 am

:lol: :lol: classic!
alienlady
Poicephalus

Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon

Postby Pajarita » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:50 am

:lol: No, they were made with actual violets and I remember them, too (VERY sweet and VERY powdery feeling in the mouth, if I remember correctly). My mother used to have the original perfume made by Parma violets. It was called Violetta di Parma and they say that it was originally created for Napoleon's second wife by monks.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Rmoses » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:56 am

Pajarita wrote::lol: No, they were made with actual violets and I remember them, too (VERY sweet and VERY powdery feeling in the mouth, if I remember correctly). My mother used to have the original perfume made by Parma violets. It was called Violetta di Parma and they say that it was originally created for Napoleon's second wife by monks.

I've been around a lot of women that thought they knew it all. But I think Pajarita actually does.
as usual I'm impressed.
Rmoses
Cockatiel

Types of Birds Owned: white fronted amazon

Previous

Return to Parrot Species