Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Either someone lost pets or I've seen a new kind of Lorikeet

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Either someone lost pets or I've seen a new kind of Lorikeet

Postby GroundBreaker » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:28 pm

When I wake up in the morning, wild lorikeets are often feeding at the bottlebrush next to my window. There is a severe drought here, and now strange lorries have popped up- they're pure green, aside from a yellow/orange stripe across the back of their neck. There's also a pale headed rosella I used to see sometimes but it was always on its own. Haven't seen it for a while. What kind of lorries are these? They're not scaley breasted lorries, definately no belly markings. I'll try to get some pics up, but I couldn't get very close.
They were feeding alongside the regular rainbows and I've never seen that species before here or anywhere.

If you're wondering, I am actually InsanityShard, but when I tried to reset my password it said my email was wrong. ;-;
GroundBreaker
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Budgies
Flight: Yes

Re: Either someone lost pets or I've seen a new kind of Lorikeet

Postby liz » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:15 am

Don't forget to give them water.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo