Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Good Caique breeder?

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Good Caique breeder?

Postby The Breaker » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:43 pm

Hello. I am new to the forum and im sorry if this is the wrong place. But im wondering if anyone could suggest a good reputable caique breeder.

I don't care what color I just want to find a breeder that well raise a healthy friendly caique.

Any help is much appreciated.
The Breaker
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: Yes

Re: Good Caique breeder?

Postby alienlady » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:52 am

Could you give a home to a bird in need of a home instead ? Personally I would never suggest that anyone buy from a breeder because frankly they don't care about the animals only money. There are so many birds out there in need of good loving homes .
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon

Postby Pajarita » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:00 pm

I am sorry but I don't know any breeders of any species (I rescue, rehome or adopt, never buy). I would also recommend you adopt an adult bird because that is the ONLY way to make sure you are getting a healthy and well-adjusted bird. See, the thing with babies is that you don't really know what you are getting because they all look healthy and they all look loving. When you get an adult bird, what you see is what you get. And, of course, you are not contributing to the overpopulation problem we currently have with parrots (thousands and thousands of them without homes!) - quite the contrary, you are part of the solution.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby stevesjk » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:45 am

I cant tell you of any good breeders but i can tell you where NOT to purchase a parrot from. If you're in the uk avoid 'parrotcare' like the plague. They are based in northumberland.

They sell wild parent reared aggressive birds that they just source from local freeadds and advertise them as 'cuddly tame hand raised' and charge top bat for them. The only victim is the birds that more often than not get passed on because people dont know how to handle them.

Please adopt.
stevesjk
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal parrot budgie

Postby Navre » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:48 am

I don't know how close this is to Little Rock, and I don't know this place at all, but it's a place to start.

Adopting an adult caique is the way to go. It might take a bit to find one, but it will be worth it.

http://www.luckybirdsunlimited.com
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Return to Parrot Species