Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Kakariki

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Kakariki

Postby ttchandler » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:27 pm

All right guys I'm new on here a all right guys I'm new on here and I just bought Jennifer n I just bought a kakariki parrot. I paid $250 for this bird and they say that is endangered but I want to know was I cheated is anybody have any idea in the United States how much.
ttchandler
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Kakariki
Flight: No

Re: Kakariki

Postby Bird woman » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:13 pm

DO YOU LOVE THE BIRD???? Are you happy with the bird ???? If yes then your bird would then be priceless. I know there's no amount of money in the world that would buy any of my birds. Everything doesn't have a price as some would say. :thumbsup: Wow just looked the birdie up on the Internet and there are some pretty striking colors on those little birdies but a much shorter life span than most parrot species. BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker
Flight: Yes

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:25 am

ttchandler wrote:All right guys I'm new on here a all right guys I'm new on here and I just bought Jennifer n I just bought a kakariki parrot. I paid $250 for this bird and they say that is endangered but I want to know was I cheated is anybody have any idea in the United States how much.

Well we got ours free, I don't do anything with him I have my baby Amazon to look after never mind a baby Kakariki on top of that but I know my stepdad really loves him and would pay any amount of money for him just like I love my Flock as they are family making them priceless.They are around €25 to buy here sometimes more depending where you buy from.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby liz » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:25 am

Birdwoman did it again. That is the perfict response.

I paid a rehoming fee of $300 for Myrtle and her cage which was really cheap. I did not know what a BF was but I knew she was too cheap and was basically a throw away.

I found a white cockatiel, Flutter, d rehomed and paid $40 for him then found out there was another one that the man said was too ugly to sell. I talked him into selling me Phoenix for $60. The man brought them to me in little cardboard boxes. The reason Phoenix cost more than Flutter was that he was mutilated and I guess the man did not want anyone to know. I love little Phoenix. He has a wonderful personality and am amazed that he lets me so close to him. Flutter is another matter. He is a beauty but he does flutter a lot.

No matter what you paid for your bird it was a good price. You have him and take care of him. I wonder where the poor thing would be if you had not got him.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby ParrotsForLife » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:08 am

Thats terrible Liz :( Blue fronts can cost up to €1000 here and I got Oscar for €400 which was good I cant imagine who would have took him and sold him for more if I hadn't taking him, I love him to bits and we have a strong connection.
ParrotsForLife
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Rocko and Loki, Cockatiels
Mango, Plum headed parakeet
Tiko, African grey, Oscar, BFA

Postby liz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:10 am

When I saw her listed at $300 I called and told her human I would be there in the morning. I did not know why her price was so low. All I knew was that her human was about to just throw her away and sell her to a breeder.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Return to Parrot Species