Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

temperment of the White Bellied Caique?

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

temperment of the White Bellied Caique?

Postby Chad » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:30 pm

Yesterday I ran into a Bonded pair of White-bellied Caique's that are looking for a home. They seemed to like me, or well they cared enough that I was there vs. the other birds in the room. They are approx 3 years old. they have been together their entire lives, and are both female (i am told at least. I'm not sure if they were DNA tested or not). I was told one is a sweetheart. They other one is good but can be a bit beaky when you try to put her down from being held. The women did not have experience with the breed other than these two, she told me they can sometimes have attitudes but did not really know much more other then they love to play.

I have been doing a lot of research about them on other forums than this one and it seems like there is a lot of horrible stories of a well-socialized bird with lots of out of cage time with experienced owners just seem to turn on them and no matter what they do they will attack them, like the bird just get violently mad at something one day and won't ever let it go for days, weeks or longer at time. One person even told of them turning on its bonded pair mate after meany years of happiness. Does anyone on here have any experience with them? I can't fact-check what I read online from people. Maybe that is just in limited cases, maybe its not. I don't have the experience to know and I don't want to get in over my head.
Chad
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Species