Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

GW macaw dies

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

GW macaw dies

Postby Pajarita » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:43 am

Now, sadly, a parrot dying young is not really news but I wanted to share this with you to illustrate how people who make money out of them utilize every single occasion to give the wrong information to the public. They say here that he died of an infection that could not be controlled due to the fact that the bird had a defective immune system - which I am sure it's exactly the reason why the bird died! - but what pisses me off is that they blame the bird's previous life which happened over ten years ago when, in reality, what was depressing the bird's immune system was the constant stress of living in a petting zoo! Look at the picture of the poor thing... all plucked out and with a dejected look to his stance!

I cannot emphasize enough how essential it is for birds to live with as little stress as we can manage!

http://www.phoenixvillenews.com/general ... o-has-died
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Species