Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Iron / alexandrine

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Re: Iron / alexandrine

Postby Pajarita » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:21 am

Codee never screams - not even during breeding season BUT she does have a mate, and, as a matter of fact, she usually wants to go back in earlier during breeding season! As to the others, I never have any trouble getting any of them back into their cages BUT they do stay out a minimum of 6 hours. I think that the trick is to keep a steady routine so the bird gets used to going in at a certain time. I only run errands after I put them back in their cages unless it's Tuesday, when I go to the supermarket, and they need to go back in a bit earlier [this is the day that they stay out only 6 hours] but they get a treat those days when they go in and it happens every single Tuesday -could it be that they know a week is seven days and that this happens only once a week?
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby Mick » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:34 am

Well I ended up buying an Alexandrian who was living with another Alexandrian. Both absolutely sweet birds.
When I got home I felt so bad about splitting these 2 buddies up, I returned the following day to buy the one I left behind.
So they can both now stay together.
Mick
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Amazon, senegal

Postby Pajarita » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:47 am

That's great!!!! Because Alexandrines, same as all psittaculas, do much, much better when kept with other birds of their own species! Thank you SOOOOOO much for thinking of their happiness before yours! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Navre » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:43 am

That’s great news!
Navre
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Turquoise Green Cheek Conure
Hooded Parrot

Postby Mick » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:08 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone. In the end I decided on an alexandrine. Went to see two which were so sweet. Brought one home, then felt guilty about splitting the two up.
So returned the following day to bring his friend home as well.
Mick
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Amazon, senegal

Previous

Return to Parrot Species