Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

No 'perfect' budgie in NZ

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

No 'perfect' budgie in NZ

Postby Pajarita » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:06 am

Aside from the sheer stupidity of pursuing the 'perfect' bird or the fact that somebody actually decided what that means, there was one thing in this article that broke my heart although I was not surprised at all when it comes to breeders actions and it was the following:

"There's one more category of bird. The "knock it on the head" kind, which is too old to be shown and too old to breed." And I bet they do the same thing to babies that are born with a little handicap...

Can you imagine actually killing a little bird just because it became too old to breed [not true!!!! birds are never too old to breed and that shows the unfathomable and willful ignorance of bird breeders] or to show?! And the degree of inurement to the cruelty of the action that he actually mentions this so nonchalantly and matter of fact?!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/1033 ... ect-budgie
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Species