Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

adopting a 4 year old rainbow lorikeet

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

adopting a 4 year old rainbow lorikeet

Postby TheNzJessie » Tue May 25, 2010 4:36 am

hey parrot forum friends. i have mentions a lot i used to have a rainbow lorikeet i was VERY close with who unfortunatly passed away last year, it completly tore my heart out and still hurts to this day to mention his name, look at his pictures. or even hear the rainbow lorikeets and come by my house.

i have recently discovered a older lady that lives near me who is wanted a GOOD home for her lori (he is free to good home) i am seriously thinking about adopting him he is 4 years old and his name is sammy. he asks to be picked up and says a lot of other stuff. i just wanted to update people that there MIGHT be a new addition to my family if all goes well.

i am NOT trying to replace my little baby or trying to fill a void but i would rather this bird go to someone who will care for it for the rest of its life than someone going OO FREE BIRD *SEES DOLLAR SIGNS* which unfortunatly happens a lot when a expensive bird like a rainbow lorikeet is seen free

here is a picture of him
Qwil-:budgie:
Jango-:rainbow:
Jessie-ME
:)
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Rainbow lorikeet
Budgie
Flight: Yes

Re: adopting a 4 year old rainbow lorikeet

Postby Marnie » Tue May 25, 2010 9:24 am

he is a beauty thats for sure! i can't see any reason not to adopt him, do you? you want to give him a good home and thats all he needs right now. someone who will love him and take care of him and provide him with his forever home. the little guy deserves that.
its a win win situation to me. you will both be happier once he is settled in :)
Marnie
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: IRN
LoveBirds
Flight: No

Postby HyperD » Tue May 25, 2010 2:39 pm

If you are ready for a new bird and you are able to provide a good life for him then I say go for it :)
HyperD
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 1 Senegal

Postby TheNzJessie » Tue May 25, 2010 10:57 pm

thanks guys im just waiting for her to email me back about him. im so exited she has more offers on him so she is finding the perfect person for him. im amost certain he will be mine as she says she is impressed wiht me and my knowele about lorikeets but shes wanting to research first, which i dont blame her (he is her baby after all)
Jessie-ME
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Budgie

Postby TheNzJessie » Thu May 27, 2010 1:38 am

ok guys i have news. i am not getting sammy anymore a lady contacted her and asked if her daughter could have sammy because there dog just died and she was extremly upset and they did not have the money to buy anything else. i let sammy go to her (her daughter is 16 any younger and i would have protested)

but i have decided i am going to get another lorikeet. at least getting a baby will give me about 7-8 weeks to prepare, it would of been very rushed if i did get sammy (organise my self in 2 days)

i have chosen a rainbow lorikeet from a known breeder. i should receive a photo in the next couple of days :) i will post here when i get it
Jessie-ME
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Budgie

Postby Titanius » Mon May 31, 2010 12:29 am

Good choice . Things happen for a reason. I'm happy to hear you haven't given up. Good luck!
Titanius
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel

Postby TheNzJessie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:42 am

thanks :) sammy has gone to a good home i got a picture of sammy with there daughter and she absolutely adores him so i do feel it was the right choice, as for my lori i have ordered a cage stainless steel bowls and some toys they should arrive soon and my lori should be ready in a couple of weeks (he is older than i thought
Jessie-ME
TheNzJessie
African Grey

Budgie

Return to Parrot Species