Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Need help (homes) for/2 Alexandrine Parakeet Parrots!

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Need help (homes) for/2 Alexandrine Parakeet Parrots!

Postby rj1204 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:48 pm

I am new here and think this is a great forum. I live in the Dallas-Ft Worth area. I am 32 years old and have grown up with birds my whole life. My parents have 2 Alexandrine Parakeet Parrots and 2 cockatiels. The cockatiel male has been with us since 1988 and he is still doing great at 22 years of age. The Alexandrine's are a male/female couple (non breeding pair) and we have had them since 1991 (hand raised by us in 1991). They are all hand fed and very sweet birds. Over the last 4-5 years, they have not recieved the attention they deserve and my parents just retired in 2008. They do a lot of traveling and usually bring the birds to my home when they leave (for months at a time each year). I am in the process of moving so we are forced to find our old friends, our birds, a home.

I care very much about these guys and I do not want them to fall into the breeder market....they do not produce anyhow. If there is an aviary or a bird lover who wants a pet, I would love to provide them with any of these guys. The cockatiels are in a large small wire, white cage. The Alexandrine Parakeets are in a large macaw cage (all free of course). If you can provide me with anyone that maybe interested in providing them with homes or even a rescue of some sort, it would be very much appreciated! My email is jacobsruss@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance.

RJ
rj1204
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Alexandrine Parakeets, B & G Macaw, Cockatiels
Flight: Yes

Re: Need help (homes) for/2 Alexandrine Parakeet Parrots!

Postby pchela » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi,

I'm in Austin... there is a parrot society here that you could get in touch with. There may be somebody there who can take them. They are all really good bird people who take excellent care of their birds. If you want the contact info or if you would like me to ask them let me know.

I love to be able to help birds find good homes! If I had room I'd take them myself.

Edit- I went ahead and posted your post on the Austin Parrot Society site. I hope that is okay!

Also, there is a rescue in Dallas.... it is called Wings of Love and the people I know who have dealt with them really like the. http://www.bird-haven.org/
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal -Pippin
Red Belly - Nicholas
Lesser Jardine's - Rupert
Timneh African Grey - Isabeau (Ibby)

Postby rj1204 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:24 pm

Thanks! I would be more then happy to travel to Austin to bring them to a good home. I really appreciate it!
rj1204
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: Alexandrine Parakeets, B & G Macaw, Cockatiels

Postby pchela » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:43 pm

I'm happy to help! I hope we can find a good home for them!
"I bet the sparrow looks at the parrot and thinks, yes, you can talk, but LISTEN TO YOURSELF!" ~ Jack Handy ~ Deep Thoughts
pchela
African Grey

Red Belly - Nicholas

Postby pchela » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:03 pm

A woman from the Parrot Society emailed me about your Alexandrines... let me know if she doesn't get a hold of you and I will have her email you again.
pchela
African Grey

Red Belly - Nicholas

Return to Parrot Species