Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Yellow Naped Split Blue

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Yellow Naped Split Blue

Postby allanimals » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:15 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new here on the forum and i am looking to buy a pair of Yellow Naped amazons Split Blue's, i always kept pure species and this is one of a kind i would like to breed the blue ones.
Can someone point me in the right direction about breeding split/split --> what will hatch and the percentage of getting blue's ?

Thanks a lot
allanimals
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 35
Types of Birds Owned: amazons, macaws, african greys, lorikeets, cockatiels, caiques,...
Flight: Yes

Re: Yellow Naped Split Blue

Postby Pajarita » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:13 am

I am confused... What do you mean 'Yellow Napes split Blues'? Are you talking about amazon parrots whose parents were a Yellow Nape and a Blue Front? If that is the case, they are not 'split', they are hybrids. Split is only in reference to color mutations of the same species when they are not visual - hybrids have a completely different genetic makeup. Besides, if they are offering a pair of the same hybridization, most likely those two birds are closely related and not breedable.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Species