Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Plum headed parakeet

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Plum headed parakeet

Postby Tallcurt » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:00 pm

I love the Plum Parakeet I have been looking for one for so long where can I find one in Florida! :lol:
Tallcurt
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Double yellow headed amazon
Flight: No

Re: Plum headed parakeet

Postby Pajarita » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:17 am

Try petfinder, rescueme.com, CL or look in local rescues pages under Birds for adoption. They are not very popular birds because, although they are pretty, they are not really cuddly and need another of their own species to be happy (they become aloof to their owners once they become sexually mature) so it might not be easy but, aside from that, when it comes to choosing a parrot, one needs to take into consideration each individual's personality and not the species so much so I recommend you visit some rescues and see if one of the bird there doesn't fall in love with you (not now, of course, once this coronavirus thing is over).
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Species