Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

8 month old Quaker parrot and a 1 month old GCC. Who to get

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

8 month old Quaker parrot and a 1 month old GCC. Who to get

Postby April12 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:54 pm

I can get the Quaker from his owner in a week , and I could get the GCC in a little longer than a month from a breader. I love both species but I don't know witch one to get. I know they both can get loud and that Quakers are a bit louder but from what I read they are quiter then the sun conure. I live in Croatia and I go to high school. I don't have any extracurricular activities so I am able to spend a lot of time with the bird and when I'm not home my mother can always play with him. I do live in an apartment but the neighbors are used to a bit of noise and the apartment next to mine is empty and used only during the sommer.
April12
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 0
Types of Birds Owned: Currently none
Flight: Yes

Re: 8 month old Quaker parrot and a 1 month old GCC. Who to get

Postby Pajarita » Mon May 04, 2020 10:23 am

I am sorry I did not see this before. As to which one to get... well, a four week old GCC will need three or four handfeedings a day and proper weaning - two things that require knowledge, labor and time. An 8 month old quaker is still a juvenile but, if it was raised correctly, it would be much easier to feed and care for because it would be already weaned. Both species are very good eaters, bathers and fliers but the GCC will require more one-on-one than the quaker and the quaker will be much louder than the GCC.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Species