Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

LINNIES !

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

LINNIES !

Postby KrystalSCharlston » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:15 am

Does anyone have a linnie, and if so how are they like? I'm thinking of getiing one, they seem beautiful, gentle, and cuddly by watching some youtube clips of them. Also how much do they cost ?
KrystalSCharlston
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Parrotlet, Yellow-sided conure, Senegal, Goffin Cockatoo
Flight: No

Re: LINNIES !

Postby thejoie » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:01 pm

I have 3!!
A mauve, cobalt and green!! All males!

The mauve and green are semi-tame. They don't like hands but still love attention. They are great! They aren't loud. They are very curious. Very sweet!!

The Cobalt is tame and absolutely a sweetie! He is phenomenal. I love his sweetness and his brave-ness.

I really believe Linnies are the best "tiny" parrot.
thejoie
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Hahns macaw, Red Belly Parrot, Cape Parrot, Lineolated Parakeets
Flight: Yes

Re: LINNIES !

Postby fun-toos » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:13 am

I have two older linnies. I figured they would be like a bourke. They sort of look like a bourke, but come in prettier colors. My linnies are a little aggressive and sound like a lovebird. Bourkes are sweeter, tamer, and have a nice musical chirp. I will stick to my bourkes in the future.
fun-toos
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 5
Types of Birds Owned: greys, keets, cockatoos, timnehs
Flight: No

Return to Parrot Species