Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Lovebird mood swings?

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Lovebird mood swings?

Postby caseymayyne » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:14 am

My Lovie is about 5 months old. I got him a while ago, and at first he was really sweet and never bit anyone. The longer I have him, the more hes nips at people. Hes completely fine when you go to take him out of his cage, I mean, he always wants to come out. He runs back and forth in the front of the cage, he slams the cages doors until I open them for him. For a while he'll just sit on me, or try to dig under my neck to cuddle. But then after a while, he'll kind of just snap and start growling [or grunting, I'm not sure how to describe the sound] and trying to bite everyone. He does it way more with other people than with me. Hes really sweet when hes in a good mood, but when hes not, he goes on a rampage and tries to bite me as hard as he can. Will he become nicer, or less aggressive as I build a stronger bond with him? What should I do when he does bite?
:swaying:
caseymayyne
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Love Bird, Cockatiel
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Species