Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

GCC Hybrids?

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

GCC Hybrids?

Postby Titanius » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:02 pm

I know that some people mix GCCs with other variations of conures and I'm wondering does this in effect cancel out the quiet demeanor that GCCs are known to have? Or is it a luck thing where some babies might develop loud behaviors and some might not?
Titanius
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel
Flight: Yes

Re: GCC Hybrids?

Postby bmsweb » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Titanius wrote:I know that some people mix GCCs with other variations of conures and I'm wondering does this in effect cancel out the quiet demeanor that GCCs are known to have? Or is it a luck thing where some babies might develop loud behaviors and some might not?

I honestly think they learn from their flock. We have a breeding pair of GCCs and the can get pretty loud. We also have our Pet GCC and she is very quiet. Having said that like humans each bird has its own personality too.
bmsweb
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Cockatiel, Green Cheek Conures
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Species