Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Cuddly species of birds

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Re: Cuddly species of birds

Postby Pajarita » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:10 am

The grays are all exhibiting not quite abnormal but definitely unusual behaviors this time of the year, Wolf. My Sophie CAG, which is, like your Kookooloo, not a 'touchy-feely' bird has been begging for caresses in earnest again. She is broody and getting ready for, possibly, a second clutch because I finally threw away her eggs.

Isis Redbelly begs for head scratches all the time BIG TIME, she also likes to ride not only my shoulders but also my head. Zoey Senegal, on the other hand, is much more affectionate and trusting. She rests her beak on my face, leans against my neck and even lays down on my hand so I can kiss her feet and belly.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby DanaandPod » Tue May 17, 2016 10:50 pm

My Jardine cuddles. Its funny because when he has a need to, he comes to me and squeezes himself with his head burried maybe between my leg and a chair. Then he makes a giggle sound when i rub his head. I then say...oh boy, life is good. Huh? Buddy? Lol...
Piccolo and Pod
DanaandPod
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: male Jardines parrot, a female meyers parrot, and two budgies

Postby Kaylan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:57 am

:bcaique: Here is Pixel, representing Caique's for loving cuddles!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LCvvDUmtyE

This was a play-time break for cuddles, and every evening he comes up for cuddles before being settled into bed.

I didn't realize that Caique's could be so cuddly, it was an unexpected and absolutely welcome bonus.
Kaylan
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Eclectus
Black-headed Caique

Postby Pajarita » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:21 am

:lol: What a cutie! But that's not cuddling, that's scritches - and he was also quite pissed at you after a couple of minutes (he tried to let you know but, as you did not 'listen', he turned around and grabbed you hard with his beak). You also don't say how old he is - because when you talk about cuddly species, you need to take into consideration their age as all babies and juveniles are cuddly (even the aviary species), it's the sexually mature adults that define the actual 'cuddliness' of the species. Mind you, I am not trying to pop your balloon, I think caiques are adorable!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Bird woman » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:06 pm

Looked like pretty loveey cuddles to me! :thumbsup: same way my adorable little Aylha acts. Beautiful baby you have there ;) BW
Bird woman
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 10
Types of Birds Owned: 2 mollucans, 2 LSC'S, 2 macaws, 1 bare-eye, 1 grey, 1 goffin and max the quaker

Postby liz » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:05 pm

Pixel is adorable.

Rainbow/Rambo is being really cuddly. My aunt has the TV in the living room on CNN and I am tired of it. I watch TV in my bed. Rainbow has been following me and climbing up the side of the bed so she can cuddle. First she wants scratches and then wants under my hand or up against my neck. She has even tried to get in my shirt.

She is also letting me call her Rainbow. How could we not have known for so many years?
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:56 pm

She sounds hormonal to me, Liz.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Previous

Return to Parrot Species