Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Cuddly species of birds

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Re: Cuddly species of birds

Postby Elizebird » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:58 pm

I don't think a bird could be more cuddly than my SC2. :cockatoo:

Even when eating, in the middle of playing or talking, my too will stop immediately for any head scratches. He's gone up to an hour of just standing still and adjusting his head/neck for scritches, and if I stop, he'll make little squeaks, nudge and gently beak my fingers until I start again! Or until he gives up. :lol:

He's also very comfortable with anyone touching his anywhere - though I don't reccommend it, he will lift his wings to be pet, and I can pet his feet, legs, belly, back, wing muscle and feathers and he'll gladly soak it all in!
Tiger & Pantalaemon
Elizebird
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: F. NG Cockatiel
M. Sulphur Crested Cockatoo (eleonora)
Flight: No

Postby AlbertaAviary » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:11 pm

I have two budgies. Yoshi likes to be pet on his back a couple times usually. He lets anyone pet him but never for long. Yet, I wouldn't consider him cuddle as he never really gets too close to me unless he's on my shoulder or kissing my face. :roll:

I have another budgie named Cocoa. She's a very fluffy little birdy. She doesn't like to be pet by anyone. But sometimes, she gets scared by something and then she comes to me for some cuddles. Then I can pet her and hold her close to me. I would consider her cuddly.
AlbertaAviary
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Budgies

Postby rjgei4242 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:47 pm

I have a Senegal parrot and he likes head scratches a ton but I definitely would not consider him cuddly. I got him at about 5 months old and he was Very shy. Perhaps if I got him younger he would be more comfortable with touching and cuddling. I was frustrated at first because i ultimately wanted a cuddly bird but he is just great in his own way, tons of fun to trick train and play with.

I have been considering another bird and plan on trying to pick a cuddlier one. Considering a :greycockatiel: or a :gcc:...Leaning towards the :gcc: because I can handle the nips and for safety reasons. Although I wont have them out together if they dont get along, i feel like in the case of an accidental interaction, the :gcc: will have a better chance.
rjgei4242
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
Flight: Yes

Postby flecktoria » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:47 pm

:cockatiel: My meyer's parrot Momo is insanely cuddly, but only with me. He loves to snuggle with me in blankets and will often wedge himself into any crevice between me and my pillow. My white face cockatiel Chiquita also will snuggle against the face of whoever is petting him, but you have to "remind" him first that cuddling is fun by catching him before he tries to fly away. :meyers: :redbelly:
flecktoria
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Meyers Parrot, Red-bellied Parrot, Lutino Cockatiel, White-faced Cockatiel

Postby LadySaphine » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:23 am

Peanut loves to hide in long hair. SHe likes people with long hair and camps out in it. She'll lean on your neck and give little birdie kisses. <3

:gcc:
Peanut - :gcc: Yellow-sided Green Cheeked Conure. Rest in peace, my Peanut.
PJ- :bluebudgie: Cobalt Budgie
Steve- Image Turquoise Lineolated Parakeet
LadySaphine
Conure

Types of Birds Owned: Budgie, Turquoise Lineolated Parakeet, two button quail hens

Postby deshud » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:01 am

My linnie is very cuddly :D
deshud
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Linnie
kakarikis

Postby Nir » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:53 pm

Nir
Poicephalus

Postby janetafloat » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:24 am

Oh my gosh he is sooooo adorable, Nir! He looked completely blissed out lying on his back in your hand. Alfie's pretty cuddly but not like that!
janetafloat
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal

Postby Nir » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:00 am

oh ya.. he definitely loves his cuddles. and he makes it pretty known that he wants to cuddle.
Nir
Poicephalus

Postby Bird lover » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:49 pm

We have a beautiful and most cuddly :greycockatiel: . She absolutely LOVES to cuddle! She'll go under your chin and curl up while I scratch her neck! I LOVE HER TO BITS! I got her only about a week ago and shes pretty tamed!
I LOVE HER!
:greycockatiel:
Bird lover
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: LoVEBIRDS AND COCKATIEL

PreviousNext

Return to Parrot Species