Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

My New Congo Grey

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

My New Congo Grey

Postby Andrew » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:13 pm

My new little addition has moved in today :gray: . Not sure if the baby is male or female yet (we'll call her she for now ;D )

So far she is settling in nicely, I had her wrapped in a towel with her little head poking out! I'm sure it's going to take a few days for her to get settled in her new home!

Any advice from previous grey owners on how to make the baby feel more settled and accepted in her new home would be greatly appreciated.
Andrew
Parakeet

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrots
Congo Grey
Flight: Yes

Re: My New Congo Grey

Postby windharper » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:01 am

You've had your new baby for almost a month now and I'm curious, how are your Senegals taking to her?

I'm sure she is probably okay with them because she is still a baby. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that they are all learning to duplicate the other's calls. :D

Deb
a.k.a windharper
windharper
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal, Cockatiel

Postby Cozzy » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:06 am

windharper wrote:You've had your new baby for almost a month now and I'm curious, how are your Senegals taking to her?

I'm sure she is probably okay with them because she is still a baby. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear that they are all learning to duplicate the other's calls. :D

Deb
a.k.a windharper

I have a :senegal: and 2 :budgie: s after a month of putting the cages side by side, they duplicate other calls.....now it is hard to tell who is calling.
Cozzy
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot
Budgie
cape

Postby kimbo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:38 pm

does your congo grey get on with your senegal? am asking cause after ive trained my senegal i would like to get another bird that he will get on with. :senegal:
kimbo
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: one baby senegal
Flight: No

Postby JAM » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:50 pm

kimbo wrote:does your congo grey get on with your senegal? am asking cause after ive trained my senegal i would like to get another bird that he will get on with. :senegal:

It really depends on the parrot's personality.
If you do get one, make sure they are supervised 24/7... parrots of different sizes if they decide to turn on eachother, wont be too good of an outcome
The Green Cheekies Forum
For Green Cheek Conure Lovers And Owners

http://thegreencheekies.proboards.com/
JAM
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure

Return to Parrot Species