Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Finding Jetty's source

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Finding Jetty's source

Postby Sixwing » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:12 am

Hello,
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum - I couldn't think of a better place for it.

I am trying to figure out how old Jetty is. I've had him for about six months, and since his previous owner died about six months before I got him and his temporary caretaker had no idea how long that person had him, I don't know how old he is. The caretaker said his past owner had him for a long time, but that could be anything.

He finally held still long enough to let me read his band, but there doesn't appear to be a year on it (assuming that years are usually in 2-digit format). Does anyone know how to find a particular bird breeder from the band?

Jetty's band reads OBK TX 3, but looking at a list of breeders in Texas didn't net me anyone whose initials were listed as OBK.

Does anyone know this breeder? :senegal:
Sixwing
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Ringneck Dove, Budgerigar, Senegal Parrot
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Species