Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Connection differences between a budgie and a bigger parrot?

Macaws, Cockatoos, Greys, Poicephalus, Conures, Lovebirds, Parrotlets, Parakeets etc. Discuss topics related to specific species of parrots and their characteristics, mutations, pros, and cons.

Connection differences between a budgie and a bigger parrot?

Postby Nir » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:01 pm

This is a question i have thought of for a long time and why i wanted a bigger bird in the first place. I always assumed that birds with a small memory will not be able to have the same connection with its human partner as a bird with a bigger memory. When you mess up with a budgie, he will forget everything about it a minute later. This can be a good thing but also bad since all the good things you do also gets forgotten to a degree.Michael had also said in a post that the connection you can have with a bigger bird is more deeper. This is what made me start to wonder more about it so if he or others can elaborate on it, that would be great.

But to those of you who have owned budgies and then owned bigger parrots, How has the connection between you and each of the birds differed? Did you see any big differences in how well you two connected? Or did your bigger parrots have the same connection with you as the budgie?

Keep in mind that this is not a question about who you can teach more tricks to or talking.
Nir
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 4
Types of Birds Owned: Budgies
Flight: Yes

Return to Parrot Species