Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Funny things your parrot says

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Re: Funny things your parrot says

Postby Pajarita » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:44 am

:lol: They are SOOOO incredibly smart, aren't they?!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby Pajarita » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:56 pm

Sometimes, things backfire. Sweetpea Senegal is not only my best cognitive speaker, he is also the most prolific with so many words and phrases under his belt that I can't even keep track. He is also a very fast learner and a bit obsessive because, when he finds a phrase he likes, he tends to repeat it and repeat it and repeat it.

He says the usual "Hello" as well as "How are you?" and one of his favorite ones is: "What you doing?" He likes to hang from my chest while I do chores and constantly ask me "What you doing?" or "Ready?" which means he wants to know if his food is coming -he drives me nuts with the 'Ready?" sometimes because he does it ALL THE TIME I am cleaning the canaries cages.

So I decided to teach him to "Howdy do!" (English is not my first language and I enjoy quaint phrases in dialects for the way they sound) so I would say it to him in the morning, after we say "Good morning!" to each other. But, for some particular reason, he decided to combine it with the "What you doing?" and the whole thing comes out as "Watch your doodoo!" which he takes great pleasure in repeating because I crack up laughing every time he does.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Wolf » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:45 pm

That is so cool, I don't know what else to say except Watch your doodoo. It is very good advice and from a bird too.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby liz » Sun May 01, 2016 7:08 am

They blow me away about being so much like kids. Myrtle just resorts to baby blabber when she does not have the words to express herself.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby seagoatdeb » Sun May 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Lol Liz Gauagan will baby blabber too, it is so cute.
seagoatdeb
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Red Belly Poicephalus and a Meyers Poicephalus

Postby galeriagila » Fri May 13, 2016 4:05 pm

Probably the funniest times are when my husband and the Rickeybird trade insults. They don't like each other, which is okay, we manage, but the exchanges go like this...

My husband will yell SHUT UP, birds says SHUT UP, husband says QUIET YOU CREEP, birds says same, husband yells NO, bird yells NO, husband hollers GRRRRRRRR, bird hollers GRRRRRR, husband yells MAGGOT, bird yells MAGGOT (this was a popular insult in the 80s, when my husband and the bird were young). Sometimes they mix it up, like husband yells SHUT UP, bird returns QUIET YOU CREEP...

These performances can be expected at least once a week. I keep trying to video it, but they both seem to get quiet when I try.
galeriagila
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 32-year-old Patagonian Conure

Postby liz » Sat May 14, 2016 7:52 am

seagoatdeb wrote:Lol Liz Gauagan will baby blabber too, it is so cute.

I wish she would use more real words. She has the words but the baby blabber is so cute. I am afraid I have encouraged it.
I am sure that I have told this before but it is hilarious. When I am trying to tell Aunt Betty something that she does not want to hear she will wave her hand to dismiss me and say "oh well".
Myrtle picked it up and uses it against her. When she is trying to tell Myrtle something that she does not want to hear she will say "oh well" and fly away.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby galeriagila » Sat May 14, 2016 8:52 am

That is so funny!
They really manage to pick up the darndest things!
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Sat May 14, 2016 9:03 am

galeriagila wrote:Probably the funniest times are when my husband and the Rickeybird trade insults. They don't like each other, which is okay, we manage, but the exchanges go like this...

My husband will yell SHUT UP, birds says SHUT UP, husband says QUIET YOU CREEP, birds says same, husband yells NO, bird yells NO, husband hollers GRRRRRRRR, bird hollers GRRRRRR, husband yells MAGGOT, bird yells MAGGOT (this was a popular insult in the 80s, when my husband and the bird were young). Sometimes they mix it up, like husband yells SHUT UP, bird returns QUIET YOU CREEP...

These performances can be expected at least once a week. I keep trying to video it, but they both seem to get quiet when I try.

And I bet Rickeybird thinks this is a GREAT game and actually looks forward to it! :lol:
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby galeriagila » Sat May 14, 2016 10:01 am

Oh, sometimes he STARTS it!!!!!!!
galeriagila
Amazon

PreviousNext

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations