Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Funny things your parrot says

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Re: Funny things your parrot says

Postby Pajarita » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:55 pm

LOL - I had a redlored (my very first rescue, back in 1992) which called my oldest daughter's name in exactly my same voice and tone - so much so that my daughter would answer her thinking it was me!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,
Flight: Yes

Postby GMV » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:05 pm

Pajarita wrote:LOL - I had a redlored (my very first rescue, back in 1992) which called my oldest daughter's name in exactly my same voice and tone - so much so that my daughter would answer her thinking it was me!

yep, just like lily! my brother falls for it, and answers, then lily screams his name again, then he answers, then he cracks up, looking at the bird. then lily imitates a laugh.
GMV
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: [Green-Cheek Conure] [Cockatiel]
[Umbrella Cockatoo]

Postby Harpmaker » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Corsair has picked up "Oops!" said softly. I didn't notice myself saying it, but she did. When she "helps" me make her breakfast, she will toss fruits and veggies out of her bowl and say "Oops!" She says it when she throws things out of her cage, too. It's hard to keep a straight face. :meyers:
Harpmaker
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Meyer's Parrot

Postby GMV » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:07 am

it appears she really understands the meaning of teasing you. lol
GMV
Poicephalus

[Umbrella Cockatoo]

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:54 am

Harpmaker wrote:Corsair has picked up "Oops!" said softly. I didn't notice myself saying it, but she did. When she "helps" me make her breakfast, she will toss fruits and veggies out of her bowl and say "Oops!" She says it when she throws things out of her cage, too. It's hard to keep a straight face. :meyers:

I certainly would break out laughing! What a smart cookie! Aren't they a pistol?!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby GMV » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:22 am

yeah, lily is starting to learn that when she says our names, we come.
its getting a little bit shocking she knows this.
GMV
Poicephalus

[Umbrella Cockatoo]

Postby Pajarita » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:35 am

LOL - Not shocking at all. They are as smart as a four year old human child but much more wily than they are -LOL.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby GMV » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Pajarita wrote:LOL - Not shocking at all. They are as smart as a four year old human child but much more wily than they are -LOL.

i know this quite well!
its amazing how quick learners they are, let alone they understand some things better than chimps!
there was once a time when people thought of parrots as mindless mimics. then they started speaking in context. then came A.L.E.X, then came ten, the B&G macaw from japan, and now the ten cockatoos that actually UNDERSTAND how a complex lock puzzle works completely, which parts to skip, and which parts to do on a random puzzle.
GMV
Poicephalus

[Umbrella Cockatoo]

Postby GMV » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:16 am

forgot to mention the kia!
GMV
Poicephalus

[Umbrella Cockatoo]

Postby Pajarita » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:11 am

Yes, they are highly intelligent but that's to their detriment, the poor things. They would be better off been dumb.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

PreviousNext

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations