Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Funny things your parrot says

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Re: Funny things your parrot says

Postby GreenWing » Wed May 21, 2014 10:53 pm

Lol, I think "thank you" is the only word that Chance DOESN'T say. She is not polite, lol. She is demanding and ornery and loves to argue. I was getting ready to leave today and she kept barking at me, "No bye!"

I love her for it, though. My bird's got 'tude. :lol:
GreenWing
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥
Flight: Yes

Postby KimberlyAnn » Thu May 22, 2014 12:43 am

Haha I love this thread. Chance cracks me up!

Emmi's thank-you comes from getting things like blueberries. Since treat number 1, I told her to say thank-you. Recently, this has become her favorite word. She also sounds so cute when she says, "Hi Emmi" because of my Swedish and Finnish family background, I have a sing song voice, I've been told. Not monotone at all and lots of ups and downs. So to say it how I say it to her, she has to move her head back and forth, up and down. It's really funny to see. My husband is the opposite. He's from Iowa and has that dull Midwestern tone to his voice (totally not dull...but that's the only way I can describe it) and she's only picked up "pretty bird" from him. That's what she calls him. But when she says this, she puts her head down and huntched shoulders...it makes pretty bird sound so robotic. We've learned a lot about our accents through Emmi. Lol

She's talked a lot from the first week we got her, but I also talk a lot too. I really have to watch my language around her. She's said, "God Damnit" before for three days. I had to turn it into "Go get it!" Until she got bored with that.

My mom had a cockateil named Casey when I was in high school. I think I shared this story before, but we would say, "Casey, what does a thousand pound canary say?" And he would answer back..."HERE KITTY KITTY KITTY!"
My family: "Emmi" Green Cheek Conure (12/15/2012), One husband, two step kids, and one baby boy born in January 2015!
KimberlyAnn
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure

Postby Pajarita » Thu May 22, 2014 10:41 am

LOL - What a great story! And I love that Emmi calls your husband 'Pretty Bird'!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Harpmaker » Thu May 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Corsair makes a sound like Bugs Bunny makes before he says "What's up, Doc?" Since that makes me laugh, she now follows it with my laugh in a monotone. Creepy. But she looks sooo pleased with herself when she opens her mouth and bobs her head.
Harpmaker
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Meyer's Parrot

Postby KimberlyAnn » Fri May 23, 2014 12:49 am

LOL I used to have doves and they made scary laughter sounds in the middle of the night. Always scared me!

And I love that she calls him pretty bird. It's so fitting for a manly tow truck driver. Lol
My family: "Emmi" Green Cheek Conure (12/15/2012), One husband, two step kids, and one baby boy born in January 2015!
KimberlyAnn
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure

Postby Pajarita » Fri May 23, 2014 11:13 am

Harpmaker wrote:Corsair makes a sound like Bugs Bunny makes before he says "What's up, Doc?" Since that makes me laugh, she now follows it with my laugh in a monotone. Creepy. But she looks sooo pleased with herself when she opens her mouth and bobs her head.

LOL - Yes, it's amazing how they figure out so quickly that our laughter is an expression of joy, isn't it? And, of course she would be pleased when she knows she pleased you! They are very loving creatures.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Pajarita » Fri May 23, 2014 11:14 am

KimberlyAnn wrote:LOL I used to have doves and they made scary laughter sounds in the middle of the night. Always scared me!

And I love that she calls him pretty bird. It's so fitting for a manly tow truck driver. Lol

LOL- Beauty (and 'fittingness') is in the eye of the beholder!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Postby GreenWing » Sat May 31, 2014 12:14 am

Chance has picked up "Huh?" Apparently I say it a lot. ;)

It's cute because I'll ask my partner a question and she'll say "Huh?" :D
GreenWing
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥

Postby Danish » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:19 pm

Lets see ours says 'Hello' and 'what are you doing?' 'how are you?' as I'm typing this he's in his chatty mood and just said ' I think so' (something I say a lot), he says 'pretty boy' and 'no no no' he also has a naughty phrase he says ( that's from the daughter saying it to him as a joke, except he did pick it up :S ) he makes kissy noises as well, and many many whistles. I'm waiting for 'shut up Charlie' the other birds name lol, hasn't come out yet but won't be surprised if it does and 'not on my head' as he hears that phrase ALL the time lol, will update when he starts with it ;) :gray:
Danish
Parrotlet

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: CAG
Pionus

Postby GMV » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:34 pm

at night time, lily will go to her cage and say "lock her up!" apparently her old owners husband said this quite a bit. sometimes my mom will holler up the balcony for my brother and i. lily picked up on this, and now screams FREDERICK!!!! GORDON!!!! loudly.
GMV
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: [Green-Cheek Conure] [Cockatiel]
[Umbrella Cockatoo]

PreviousNext

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations