Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Funny things your parrot says

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Funny things your parrot says

Postby GreenWing » Sun May 18, 2014 5:11 pm

This afternoon, Chance said, "get a six pack of beer." I laughed out loud, incredulous. We never get six packs of beer (we're more wine and vodka types) so it was definitely something she learned in a previous home.

Then, as I played on my Wii, Chance kept saying "Stay. Stay. Stay. Noooo!" I have never taught her to "stay" so she must have been remembering her former home quite a bit today, for some reason.

What are funny things that your parrot says?
GreenWing
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥
Flight: Yes

Re: Funny things your parrot says

Postby Michael » Sun May 18, 2014 5:28 pm

Ok, you win!
Michael
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 3
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal Parrot, Cape Parrot, Green-Winged Macaw

Postby Wolf » Sun May 18, 2014 5:39 pm

Mimi says " I am the best little bird in the whole world " and she also says " You cool your jets, right now " , " There you go", Peek-a boo , I see you", " Nite, nite bird" and several other thing like that. She is by far my best talker. Kiki is just starting to talk and Kookooloo's favorite thing at the moment is "bird, bird " followed by " Pretty bird" and "I love you". She is also starting to try to ask to come out of her cage.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Pajarita » Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 am

There are two birds that crack me up every time: Precie, female YNA 32 years old, which, when I tell another bird he is bad or to go home or some other thing that is are reactions to a bad behavior, she starts saying: "UUUUUUHHHH, too bad, too bad, too bad for you!" She is also now on her second clutch and is often inside he 'nest' (nothing but a big cardboard box) and, when I say: "Where's my Precie?" She answer from inside the box: "Hellooooo! Hi, poopie bird!"

The other one is Freddy, male LSC 22 years old, which would go outside the birdroom exploring and would come back and find the door closed (Pookie, female TAG would go flying throughout the house) and say: "UNLOCK THE DOOR! YOU FORGOT TO UNLOCK THE DOOR!"
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby KimberlyAnn » Mon May 19, 2014 10:46 pm

You all got me beat. The only funny thing Emmi says is, "Go potty go potty GO POTTY" while spinning around backwards looking for the nearest perch to fly to. That and she says, "Thank-you" for everything. She's very polite. :)
My family: "Emmi" Green Cheek Conure (12/15/2012), One husband, two step kids, and one baby boy born in January 2015!
KimberlyAnn
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure

Postby Pajarita » Tue May 20, 2014 12:31 pm

Awwww, I think her 'Thank yous" are adorable. I know I could not help but chuckle if I had a bird saying it to me...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby cml » Tue May 20, 2014 12:50 pm

Pajarita wrote:Awwww, I think her 'Thank yous" are adorable. I know I could not help but chuckle if I had a bird saying it to me...

Leroy yells "thank you" as his contact call...
Stitch (WFA) and Leroy (BWP)
cml
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: White fronted amazon, Bronze winged pionus

Postby KimberlyAnn » Tue May 20, 2014 9:39 pm

We must be very polite people to have such polite birds, cml. :)

My problem is she's starting to say, "Say Thank-you." Didn't mean for that to happen!
My family: "Emmi" Green Cheek Conure (12/15/2012), One husband, two step kids, and one baby boy born in January 2015!
KimberlyAnn
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Green Cheek Conure

Postby marie83 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:28 am

I had a flat when I was 16 and because of space issues I had to use the kitchen for quarantine purposes (rest assured no cooking went on anytime there was a bird in quarantine, quite annoying to not have a proper meal but these are the things we do lol).

When George the peach front conure came home his first words to me was "don't do that" when I put the kettle on to boil. I was like how dare you tell me what I can and cant do when you've been here 5 minutes! haha
marie83
Cockatoo

Types of Birds Owned: Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure

Postby cml » Wed May 21, 2014 11:50 am

KimberlyAnn wrote:We must be very polite people to have such polite birds, cml. :)

My problem is she's starting to say, "Say Thank-you." Didn't mean for that to happen!

Absolutely ;)! Leroy's Thank you actually originates from listening to Stitch who used to do this:
Me: Give a kiss
Both me and Stitch making a kiss sound
Stitch: Thank you

Leroy picked up the last part, and it was his first word (indeed one of the few things he say). Stitch has stopped, but he mimics Leroy's thank you sometimes if he thinks it'll get him attention.

marie83 wrote:I had a flat when I was 16 and because of space issues I had to use the kitchen for quarantine purposes (rest assured no cooking went on anytime there was a bird in quarantine, quite annoying to not have a proper meal but these are the things we do lol).

When George the peach front conure came home his first words to me was "don't do that" when I put the kettle on to boil. I was like how dare you tell me what I can and cant do when you've been here 5 minutes! haha

Very funny :D!
Stitch (WFA) and Leroy (BWP)
cml
African Grey

Types of Birds Owned: White fronted amazon, Bronze winged pionus

Next

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations