Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Funny things your parrot says

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Re: Funny things your parrot says

Postby mmeager » Fri May 20, 2016 5:27 am

This thread has had me in tears of laughter!!!! My God I love this! Thank you all so much for sharing!
mmeager
Cockatiel

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Indian Ring Neck
Flight: Yes

Postby liz » Fri May 20, 2016 7:00 am

I saw a video of a man holding an Amazon while the bird was talking to him. The bird went on and on and never said a real word. The poor thing had something urgent to tell the man but the guy did not speak "baby blabber".
The bird kept telling the man whatever it was until he got tired of talking.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Pajarita » Fri May 20, 2016 12:00 pm

Well, I am happy to report that although the 'Watch your doodoo!" continues, he has now learned to say "Be caaaarefuuul!" This is something that I say to them when I am in the process of making two birds like (tolerate?) one another. There is usually one that is the 'attacker' so, whenever I see this bird approaching the milder ones, I say "Be caaaaaarefuuul!" The funny thing is that, although originally it was meant for the milder one (the phrase for the attacker been "I'm watching you!"), now both birds pay attention to the warning with the attacker understanding it means he (actually, it's usually a 'she', Zoey) is supposed to stop and the mild one understanding that he/she is to be on his/her guard.

This morning, I was doing the canaries with my usual peanut gallery: Zoey, Isis, Sweetpea and Codee (Codee on my chest, as usual, and the other three either perching on me or on the cages watching what I do) when I see Zoey flying over to the top of a cage where Sweetpea was and landing VERY close to him so Sweetpea says: "Be caaaarefuul!" I almost fall from the little stepladder I use to reach the top shelves laughing!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby galeriagila » Fri May 20, 2016 2:12 pm

Be caaaaareful!!!! Hilarious!!

Okay, here's a Rickeybird cute-ism.

When I sneak into his room at night for some reason, I whisper "It's just me" so he won't be alarmed. Yep, you guessed it... soon he started saying it. I would have been more grammatically correct ("It is I") if I had figured he'd pick it up. So for the last 25 years or so, if you sneak around our house late at night, you may hear a croak-y "It's just me" from down the hall.
galeriagila
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: 32-year-old Patagonian Conure

Postby liz » Sat May 21, 2016 7:06 am

I love how these little guys can use the same words to express different ideas.

Rambo will ask me "nite nite ?" When he thinks it is about time. He will say "nite nite !" in a little voice if he is disturbed while sleeping. If I forget to turn the light off in his room he will yell "NITE NITE !!" to bring my attention to what I forgot.

He amazes me daily on his control of so many words and way of using his words.

I bought a new set of sheets. They are a lot different in appearance than most of my sheets. While I was making my bed Rambo climbed up to watch me. He walked all over the bed looking at the color and design then stated that they were "pretty".
This also happened when I bought a new area rug. It had a pattern with different colors. Rambo must never have seen anything like it. He went from color to color tasting each one before he decided that it did not hold food and was just "pretty".
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby galeriagila » Sat May 21, 2016 7:48 am

He's very patient with you!!!!!!!!! :lol:
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Sun May 22, 2016 12:59 pm

Rambo (aka Rainbow) is a very special character :D and I loved the "It's just me" story! Whenever one happens to make a noise or talk in front of the parrot room door at night (something that is not really allowed but that happened all the time when my son and his family came to visit and that my husband tends to forget) you would hear him going very, very softly: Hello? Hellooooo...
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby galeriagila » Sun May 22, 2016 1:17 pm

Love it... helloooooooo?????

There are a few jokes about things a parrot says when a burgler sneaks into a house. Naturally I can't recall what they are!
galeriagila
Amazon

Postby galeriagila » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:45 pm

I think I should have put this here.

The Rickeybird making fun of my obnoxious giggle. Click on the bird.

galeriagila
Amazon

Postby Chantilly » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:58 am

So so cute! They are such smarties :D
Tilly recently started using yet another word often having figured out what it meant. Every day I sit at the window with her, and little house swallows will be zooming by- she then says in a deep burpy sort of voice 'burd, burd' (bird) :lol: She also says it to her reflecflion when she has a look at herself :lol:
And anthough she be little, she is fierce ~Shakespeare
- Tilly & Shrek
Chantilly
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Cinnamon green cheek conure & Yellow Scaly x Rainbow lorikeet, Chickens & Ducks

PreviousNext

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations