Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Funny things your parrot says

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Re: Funny things your parrot says

Postby alienlady » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:26 am

I don't allow Liseth in the kitchen when I'm cooking so she chats to me from the living room. After awhile she says "what are you doing , are you coming back in a minute ?". If I'm too long in her thinking, she starts shouting "come back" and after that it is "oi! oi! oi". Once I've returned to her she says " good girl " or ood irl because she can't say g.
She also cries like a baby especially if she sees one or a toddler.
She makes me laugh when she is in trouble, she quickly marches up and down on top of her cage saying " don't do that frequently in a sarcastic tone akin to a petulant teenager.
I have been trying to teach her to say scratch please but as soon as I say it she puts her head under my fingers :roll:
Forgot to add my favourite :lol: When I tell Liseth she is clever or pretty she always replies "I know".
Last edited by alienlady on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
alienlady
Poicephalus

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Blue fronted amazon
Flight: Yes

Postby Loriusgarrulus » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:40 am

Kanga my Chattering Lory shouts Richard every time my Daughter comes to visit.

My Daughter had a boyfriend called Richard 16 years ago. She fell out with him but not before my female Chattering Lory Tigger had added Richard to her vocabulary.
The next time she heard Tigger say Richard after she had fallen out with him my Daughter went ballistic like they do at 16 and made a big fuss about Tigger saying Richard. Of course this fixed Richard in Tigger's vocabulary.
I got Kanga a younger male Chattering Lory years later and he learnt to talk from Tigger including shouting Richard at my Daughter.
Sadly I lost Tigger a in 2014, but Kanga still shouts Richard at my Daughter along with a few expletives he has learnt from her when she visits and she is 32 now. :lol:
Last edited by Loriusgarrulus on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Growing Old Disgracefully
Loriusgarrulus
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow backed chattering lory: Kanga
Blackheaded caique: Tupi
Yellow thighed caique: Karo

Postby alienlady » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:44 pm

She will never forget that boyfriend :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:39 pm

:lol: Parrots are not only smart, they have loooooong memories - especially for things that cause a big reaction in us!
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby alienlady » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:04 am

Liseth has come out with a new one today. I was talking with a neighbour at my door and Liseth was saying "Yack yack yack" all the time we were talking. :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby liz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:58 am

I love it when they come up with things that I have not heard before. Myrtle is doing that a lot. It is hard to believe but Rainbow still surprises me. He does not talk as much as before Myrtle. He probably thinks she makes enough noise for both of them.

My aunt was not impressed when I got Rainbow but the first week when my momma and I were out she got a crash course in what she could say. He was still living on the dining room table and she was in the farthest bedroom. She heard him yelling "HELP HURRY HURRY QUICK QUICK". When she got in the room she saw a strange cat under the table. Rainbow yelled 'CATCH HIM PUT HIM OUT" as my aunt ran around the table trying to get the cat to leave. She got a crash course in Rainbow.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby Loriusgarrulus » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:03 am

When Kiri my husbands first grey learnt to talk she also went through a phase of nipping.
Andrew used to say to her. "Kiri naught. Kiri bite. Kiri go in cage"
He used to put her in her cage and she would turn her back on him as if sulking. Especially as Kuri our male grey was allowed to stay out. Kiri soon learnt this series of phrases.
One day she was on top of the living room door and came out with "Kiri naught. Kiri bite. Kiri go in cage"
Next thing she walked to the edge of the door and bit through the extension telephone line that went down the edge of the door frame. She then flew to her cage turned, her back on us and went into sulk mode.
At the point she bit through the cable there was an agonised yell from my son's room as his computer was connected to that phone line extension and she had cut him off literally.
Growing Old Disgracefully
Loriusgarrulus
Conure

Number of Birds Owned: 2
Types of Birds Owned: Yellow backed chattering lory: Kanga
Blackheaded caique: Tupi
Yellow thighed caique: Karo

Postby liz » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:55 am

They have so many emotions. Myrtle went 10 days after I scared her without talking to me.
liz
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 12
Types of Birds Owned: DYH Amazon Rambo
BF Amazon Myrtle
Cockatiels: Shadow Tammy Flutter Phoenix Jackie
Andy Impy Louise Twila Leroy

Postby alienlady » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:10 am

Liz and Loriousgarrulus thankyou . I will be laughing for weeks at those images! :lol:
alienlady
Poicephalus

Postby Pajarita » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:23 pm

And here is another funny amazon vocalization. Whenever I scold a parrot in the birdroom, Precie YNA starts screaming: "UUUUUUUUHHHH, TOO BAD, TOO BAD, TOO BAD - TOO BAD FOR YOU!" And, when I use a normal voice to talk to any of them (I always use a high pitch tone in a singsong and say pretty much the same things to them) she says: "What's that all about?"
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

PreviousNext

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations