Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Chance's colorful language

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Chance's colorful language

Postby GreenWing » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:08 pm

Hey, I didn't teach her this stuff...

So, Chance has been calling me a "beach" lately. It's awful. "Step up, you beach!" I mean I probably counted to twenty times in one day that she called me a "beach" or said "you beach."

It is amusing but I don't laugh and I want to discourage it. I've had her for a year now and since she is about nine years old, a lot of the words she knows she learned in her previous home.

Any advice? She still yells "NOW!" at me, the little boss.
GreenWing
African Grey

Number of Birds Owned: 1
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey ♥
Flight: Yes

Re: Chance's colorful language

Postby Wolf » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Teach her to say peach instead of beach. I had a word that I was trying to teach Kookooloo a while back and Mimi joined in and started yelling yeah. Kookooloo started screeching back at her, so I turned up the volume and pretty soon all of the birds were joining in for the yelling session. They had a wonderful time with this new game as they really like to make a lot of noise sometimes. What can I say? they are Parrots! Any way Kookoloo has started saying the word ever since that day.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby GreenWing » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:53 pm

Wolf wrote:Teach her to say peach instead of beach. I had a word that I was trying to teach Kookooloo a while back and Mimi joined in and started yelling yeah. Kookooloo started screeching back at her, so I turned up the volume and pretty soon all of the birds were joining in for the yelling session. They had a wonderful time with this new game as they really like to make a lot of noise sometimes. What can I say? they are Parrots! Any way Kookoloo has started saying the word ever since that day.

YEAH! Hahaha that is hilarious, Wolf. :)

And I like your idea of "peach" instead of "beach" - thank you!
GreenWing
African Grey

Postby GreenWing » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:43 am

Well, Chance still says colorful language. She says it to be manipulative. "Step up, NOW you beach! I love you. Kiss?"

She's called me other bad words and it's usually when she is annoyed. She has called my mother a "beach" and the "s" word... I think she just has attitude.

"Beach" is still said often but not as often as the worse words.
GreenWing
African Grey

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations