Trained Parrot BlogParrot Wizard Online Parrot Toy StoreThe Parrot Forum

Kilaya talking.

Want to teach your bird talk? Learn about and discuss methods for training birds to vocalize and mimic different sounds on cue.

Kilaya talking.

Postby Erithacus » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:34 am

This is Kilaya's fav talking spot. Once he got up there, he would talk non stop. He is not shy of strangers looking at him.

Kilaya ...cag
Pipi, Zizi, Eclipse and Zico ... gcc
Erithacus
Amazon

Number of Birds Owned: 19
Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey, Green cheek conures, Lovebirds, Cockatiels and Bulbul.
Flight: Yes

Re: Kilaya talking.

Postby Wolf » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:34 am

Talking, that is a bonus ! I don't count on my birds talking but I really think it is great if they choose to do so.
Mimi, my Amazon doesn't talk in parrot, only human words. It saddens me that she is this way because it is the result of the abuse that she was subjected to for the first 14 years of her life, before she came to live with me.
Kookooloo, my Grey, speaks but due to the abuse she went through before coming to live here with me, she will only speak to me and when she thinks we are alone.
Kiki, my Senegal, she was also abused, but not as intensly as Mimi or Kookooloo, but she is just learning to talk. Since it is not a high priority she doesn't do it a lot, but she can talk a little bit. I should perhaps put a little more effort into her speech.
Wolf
Macaw

Number of Birds Owned: 6
Types of Birds Owned: Senegal
African Grey (CAG)
Yellow Naped Amazon
2Celestial Parrotlet
Budgie

Postby Erithacus » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:49 am

My previous grey wasn't a talker. It is a bonus for me that Kilaya talks. I never expected him to talk so much.
Kilaya ...cag
Erithacus
Amazon

Types of Birds Owned: Congo African Grey, Green cheek conures, Lovebirds, Cockatiels and Bulbul.

Postby Pajarita » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:52 am

:lol: Cannot bite - cannot bite. He must be said this a lot because he says it all the time.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Postby Erithacus » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:15 am

He loves biting my ear ...
Kilaya ...cag
Erithacus
Amazon

Postby Pajarita » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:43 am

Ahhh but maybe it's not biting - biting (if he did, you would have notches missing from them, like I do), I bet he is just nipping you softly to let you know you are doing something he doesn't like.
Pajarita
Norwegian Blue

Number of Birds Owned: 30
Types of Birds Owned: RoseBreasted too, CAG, DoubleYellowHead Amazon, BlueFront Amazon, YellowNape Amazon, Senegal, African Redbelly, Quaker, Sun Conure, Nanday, BlackCap Caique, WhiteBelly Caique, PeachFace lovebird, budgies,

Return to Training Parrot Vocalizations